Whether you’re a resident or tourist, check out these five things to do in San Francisco this month.
- Get inspired by local design talent during the 11th annual Architecture and City Festival, the nation’s largest architecture festival, running now through September 30. This year’s theme, Home: My San Francisco, explores the different elements that contribute to the definition of home.
- If you love good food and drink, be sure to check out Eat Real Festival from September 19 to 21 at Jack London Square. Part state fair, part block party, the festival celebrates sustainable, local food.
- Grab a partner and do-si-do to 18 Reasons Barn Dance on September 27. Guests will enjoy delicious food and drink, kid-friendly activities and live music.
- Starting September 27, you can experience Alcatraz a little differently: through the eyes of artist Ai Weiwei and his exhibition, @Large. Ai’s sculpture, sound and mixed-media works will occupy four locations in the former prison and encourages visitors to think about art as an act of conscience.
- Now through October 10, the de Young Museum presents Modernism from the National Gallery of Art: The Robert and Jane Meyerhoff Collection which features a wide overview of paintings by great artists of the post-war world.
Photo by Thinkstock