Whether you’re looking for history, night life or a vibrant art scene, Washington, DC has it all. Next time you’re in our nation’s capital, check out these five must-do activities.
- Visit the Hank Greenspun Terrace at the Newseum to get a bird’s-eye view of Pennsylvania Avenue, one of America’s most famous streets. The 80-foot-long exhibit rail also tells the rich history of the people and events that played a role in shaping the avenue.
- If mile-high sightseeing appeals to you, stop by POV, the 11th floor rooftop terrace and bar at the W Hotel. Sip craft cocktails while enjoying incredible views of the Washington Monument and White House.
- Considered the country’s first bookstore and café, visit the cultural landmark Kramerbooks & Afterwords for lattes and literature.
- Ready to shop till you drop? On Sunday, October 26, visit the ever-popular Yards Park neighborhood for the fall edition of Fashion Yards. Several four-wheeled fashion boutiques will be on site, selling everything from menswear and vintage jewels to Jimmy Choos.
- The Angelika Pop Up cinema at Union Market is a three screen micro cinema showcasing specialty films and unique events until its permanent home is ready late next year.
Photo by POV