During this time of year, holiday music is everywhere. Whether you’re in the car, the grocery store or dentist, the jingling of bells and rat-a-tat of drums can be heard. To get you in the yuletide spirit, we’ve compiled 10 of our favorite holiday songs.
- Featured on their debut Christmas album, “PTXMas”, a cappella group Pentatonix’s rendition of “Carol of the Bells” is a favorite.
- Trumpeter Chris Botti’s version of “Winter Wonderland” will make you forget about the Polar Vortex and leave you dreaming about hot cocoa.
- “Christmas Time is Here” from “A Charlie Brown Christmas” is a classic accompaniment to baking cookies, trimming the tree or building a snowman.
- Sugar plum fairies, anyone? The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and David Maninov recorded the entire Nutcracker Suite ballet score.
- Get ready to dance! Canadian Brass’ album “A Holiday Tradition” includes the lively “Jingle Bell Rock.”
- The cold obviously doesn’t bother the Piano Guys, who shot the video for their mashup of “Let It Go/Vivaldi’s Winter” in a winter wonderland.
- Mannheim Steamroller’s “Joy to the World” inspires us to wish for world peace this year.
- Everyone knows the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear, so join in with the “Elf” soundtrack.
- Go global with violinist Lindsey Stirling’s song “Celtic Carol”.
- For holiday gatherings, make it easy and choose one of Pandora’s many holiday stations.
What’s on your playlist?
Photo by Room & Board