We’re celebrating awards season by drawing inspiration from some of the year’s best motion picture set designs.
- Gone Girl’s lavish lake home is a decadent setting for Fincher’s dark thriller.
- The Grand Budapest Hotel offered a colorful take on World War II era design. Take a tour of the set with Architectural Digest.
- Go inside Birdman with this in-depth conversation with set decorator George DeTitta.
- Production Designer Maria Djurkovic gave The Imitation Game a bold identity with unique use of color.
- Lastly, we love Interiors. This blog is a study in architecture and film, resulting in blueprints for the interiors of iconic films like Psycho and Raging Bull.
Written by Jacob Olson, Room & Board’s social media intern; photo by Fox Searchlight Pictures