Sometimes you just need to get away. As a kid, the easiest way to create a private oasis is by building a blanket fort or climbing up to a tree house. Who says you can’t pull this off just because you’re a grown-up? Get inspired with these five finds to create a hideout as a new, ultimate getaway.
- Ready to start dreaming up your modern day tree house? Let this slideshow from Dwell lend some inspiration.
- For some it’s a lifestyle. The Atlantic has a great short documentary (just six minutes) featuring adults who call tree houses their permanent home.
- Design duo Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec (known for cozy alcoves) combined their inner-children with modern design to create this super cool blanket fort.
- No fort is complete without a makeshift movie setup. Let the Photojojo team show you how to turn your iPhone into a projector.
- Don’t forget snacks! Now that you’re a fancy adult with a refined pallet, you can enjoy this very special popcorn recipe.
Written by Jacob Olson, Room & Board’s social media intern; Image courtesy of Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec