The heat is on! It’s time to get outdoors and enjoy the fresh air. Being good Minnesotans, we never miss an opportunity to take part when the weather is fair. Here are some outdoor games perfect for the balmy summer days ahead.
- Cornhole, bag toss – whatever you like to call it – is a summer staple. (We even have an ongoing tournament at our offices!) Learn how to build your own set here.
- Looking for a kid-friendly (and cost-effective) option for entertainment? Head over to See Jane Blog for some homemade fun involving coffee cans and tree branches.
- The sky’s the limit when you’re outdoors! Follow this how-to for a giant wood block stacking game that reaches new heights.
- Mix things up and add some vintage flair to America’s favorite pastime. This lemon peel tanned baseball will make your pick-up game in the park just that much cooler.
- If you don’t have time for 18 holes, bring the competition to your backyard. Ladder golf will be your new favorite game in no time.
Written by Jacob Olson, Room & Board’s social media intern; photo courtesy of See Jane Blog