We’re in Austin this week for South by Southwest (SXSW), the annual film, interactive and music festival. To celebrate this much-anticipated annual affair, we’ve rounded up five links that pay homage to the Lone Star State’s capital city.
- Austin didn’t get its nickname as the “Live Music Capital of the World” for nothing. At 41 years, Austin City Limits is the longest-running music program in television history. Discover new artists and reconnect with your old favorites anytime online.
- Get in the southern spirit with cowboy-inspired attire. We love Frye and Rag & Bone’s modern interpretations of the classic hat and boot.
- Gear up for backyard barbeques with this Andrew Zimmern-led Q&A with barbeque guru Aaron Franklin of Franklin Barbeque. Plus, get your hands on his infamous beef ribs recipe.
- Go bat-crazy as you watch the world’s largest bat colony fly out from under Austin’s Congress Avenue Bridge.
- If you’re planning a trip to Austin, be sure to check out Room & Board’s curated guide of places to visit morning, day and night.
What do you love most about Austin? We’re all ears!
Photo from ihitthebutton.com