This Sunday is the Vernal equinox, the first day of spring in the northern hemisphere. With blooming daffodils and warmer weather right around the corner, we’re excited to welcome the season. Here are five ways to celebrate spring indoors and out.
- Add sculptural detail and life to your room with flowering branches. Dogwood, forsythia and pussy willows are all easy to force and their beauty lasts for weeks.
- Fly a kite. A stunt kite makes the experience extra fun for kids and adults.
- If you live in an area with maple trees, the sap is running now. Learn how maple syrup is made by our friends at Lyndon Furniture in Vermont.
- Baby animals are synonymous with spring. See adorable Zoo Babies at Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle or stop by the Minnesota Zoo for its annual Farm Babies.
- Get a jump on summer’s bounty by starting seeds indoors. Some plants like spinach, snow peas or lettuce can be harvested in as little as 45 days.
Image from Room & Board