It’s Mother’s Day weekend! Looking to do something extra sweet for that special lady in your life? Nourish her with a homemade treat this Sunday. Sweet, savory or saucy, here are five recipe ideas that will make her feel appreciated.
- Forget grab & go. Ditch the straw. This Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl from How Sweet It Is is jam-packed with all kinds of goodness.
- What’s better than a cast iron skillet? A warm Dutch (or German) baby pancake inside it waiting to be devoured as seen here on the LA Times.
- Jocelyn of Grandbaby Cakes said it best, “Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake screams spring to me” with its “lovely hint of citrus and berry flavor.” Conquer the perfect cake to crumb ratio with her recipe.
- Nothing beats (pun intended!) a simple egg sandwich on a bagel, croissant or English muffin. Follow Bon Appetit’s recipe to master the Best Breakfast Sandwich.
- Mix it up and pay homage to this weekend’s race at Churchill Downs with a classic Mint Julep concoction from the book, 12 Bottle Bar.