On this day in 1927, Charles Lindberg took flight from Long Island en route to Paris. Nearly 34 hours and 3,600 miles later, he landed and became the first man to fly solo across the Atlantic. To celebrate our love of flight and all things travel, we’ve rounded up five of our favorite travel essentials.
- Say goodbye to the baggage claim with Patagonia’s Headway MLC 45L. This carry-on bag is the maximum legal size and can easily transform into a backpack. I won’t leave home without it.
- Talkative neighbors. Crying babies. Crew updates. Ignore it all with a pair of noise canceling headphones. We love the design and sound quality of the Beoplay H8 from Bang & Olufsen.
- Block out light for uninterrupted rest with this soft and thick Silk Eye Mask by Slip. Crafted from luxurious mulberry silk, it helps prevent skin and hair damage.
- Rest your head on this Memory Foam Pillow from Flight 001. Its ergonomic design offers 360-degree head and chin support. Better yet, the polyester pillow cover can be removed for washing.
- Guten Morgen! Never oversleep and get worry-free z’s with the Braun Travel Alarm Clock. Originally designed in 1971, this iconic German design is available in three colors: black, white and grey.
Photo from Patagonia