Sun protection has come a long way. With the warmest (and sunniest) months upon us, we’ve rounded up a few unique products to protect your skin that go beyond traditional sunscreen.
- Now this is cool. JUNE by Netamo is wearable technology in the form of a bracelet with UVA and UVB sensors that measure your sun exposure and let you know your daily sun dose. Synced to an app on your smartphone or tablet, the app gives you the UV index in real time and sends notifications for when to apply SPF, which level of SPF and whether or not you should put on a hat or sunglasses.
- Coolibar, a local company founded here in Minnesota, offers clothing, swimwear, accessories and more that feature UPF 50+ protection that blocks 98% UVA/UVB.
- If you’re not a fan of the greasy, heavy feel of sunscreen lotion on your face, try Peter Thomas Roth’s Instant Mineral SPF 45. It’s the perfect solution for SPF touch-ups during the day and a go-to favorite for a few of us at Room & Board’s Central Office.
- Miss a spot? Cool down your sunburn with Coola’s after-sun lotion.
- Protect yourself out on your patio or poolside with our made-to-shade umbrellas, featuring fade-resistant Sunbrella® Canvas fabric.
Photo from JUNE