Float Box wall shelves make it easy to create a modern, graphic display. Expertly crafted in North Dakota, they provide a striking platform for picture frames, artwork or decorative items. Use these box shelves everywhere, from multiples in your living room to a single shelf mounted next to your bed as a nightstand.See the full Float collection
We partner with artisans and workshops across the country
Details of Float Box 36w 6d 5h Wall Shelf
- Dimensions: 36"w 6"d 5"h
- Installation: hidden wood mounting bracket
- Includes: screws, drywall anchors
- Weight Capacity: 20 lbs
- Care: wipe with damp cloth, dry immediately
- Product Origin: made in North Dakota
- Material Origin: United States
- Item Number: 470584
- See all photos
- Wood: walnut See full material details
- Finish: lacquer
- Material Description: Walnut adds timeless depth and character to your room. Even after walnut is harvested and made into furniture, it continues to be a living, breathing material that responds to its environment - it expands and contracts with changes in humidity and also changes color over time as it's exposed to air, sunlight and wear. New walnut starts as a dark chocolate brown and beautifully ages to lighter brown or honey color over time.
List of parts
- Float shelf or Float Box shelf
- mounting bracket
- mounting screws
- wall anchors
- set screws
- 3/16" drill bit
- #2 Phillips screwdriver
- power drill
Note: The maximum recommended load for this product is 20 pounds. If you are mounting this shelf to a surface other than drywall, or if you are uncertain about assembly, please contact a professional for help with installation.
- Place the mounting bracket against your wall at the desired location. Use a level to ensure accurate placement. Ensure the mounting bracket is oriented in correspondence with the "up" arrow. Use a pencil to mark the location of each of the mounting holes. It is recommended that at least one of the holes be centered over a stud.
- Remove the mounting bracket from the wall and use a #2 Phillips screwdriver to install the wall anchors. (Figure 1) Ensure that the wall anchors are flush to the wall after installation. Note: It is not necessary to use a wall anchor for mounting holes positioned over studs. Instead, use a drill to pre-drill a 3/16" pilot hole and continue to step 3.
- Reposition the mounting bracket and align the mounting holes with the anchors. Use the mounting screws to fasten the mounting bracket to the wall.
- Slide the shelf over the protruding arms of the mounting bracket with the predrilled holes facing UP, then use the set screws to fasten the shelf in place. (Figure 2)
More items in the Float Collection
Start to Finish
We treat you the way we would like to be treated, from shopping and ordering to delivery and long-term service.
More than 90% of our products are manufactured in America using quality U.S. and imported materials. Working with family-owned companies around the country allows us to bring you the best craftsmanship and fastest delivery with the least environmental impact. It also means you get furniture with a story you'll be proud to share.
Free design services
Our Design Associates put their product expertise and passion for home design into helping you create a functional and inspiring space. Their design help is always available to you for free.
The best price every day
We set our prices on December 26 and guarantee them for a full year so you can take the time you need to find the pieces that work for you. No discount codes, no flash sales. We give you our best price every day.
Unlimited Items for
One Flat Rate
Receive unlimited items for $89 within 100 miles of our stores or $129 anywhere else in the contiguous United States. Small accessories ship for free via UPS.
Our respectful Delivery Associates take care of every detail. Furniture arrives fully assembled and is placed exactly where you want it with no packaging left behind.
Free Returns and Exchanges
We offer free return or exchange delivery service on any item you buy from us. We understand that it can take a few days to a few weeks to determine if your new furniture will work for you. We encourage you to return or exchange items in a timely manner because damage or wear will result in an adjustment to your final refund.
We stand behind the quality of our products and the prices we charge. If you’re not satisfied with your purchase or any part of your experience, just let us know. We’re here to help.
Get unlimited items delivered by our dedicated Delivery Associates for one flat rate per trip—$89 for local customers within 100 miles of a Room & Board store and $129 for customers who live beyond our local delivery areas within the 48 contiguous states. Unlimited accessories ship for free via UPS (excluding accessories that require in-home delivery).