The Copenhagen bed combines durable, high-quality veneer with the handcrafted expertise you expect from Room & Board. North Dakota woodworkers hand-select the finest veneer to create Copenhagen's subtle, distinctive detail: notched mitered corners. Modern, functional and effortlessly stylish, Copenhagen will have a place in your home for years to come.
Our Copenhagen bed features a one-inch thick headboard that's angled for comfort. Choose your favorite combination of wood and steel base to create the perfect mix of materials for your space.See the full Copenhagen collection
We partner with artisans and workshops across the country
Details of Copenhagen Queen Bed
- Dimensions: 62"w 86"d 37"h
- Headboard Height: 24.25"h
- Footboard Height: 10"h
- Floor to Bottom of Mattress: 10"h
- Underbed Clearance: 59.25"w 80"d 7.5"h
- Mattress Space: 60"w 80.5"d
- Construction: hand-welded steel frame with wood veneer or wood fiber headboard
- Includes: complete bed frame and mattress support system; mattress not included
- Mattress Support: slats; eliminates the need for a box spring or foundation; platform boards available for mattresses requiring a solid surface
- Mattress Support Details: 12 steel 2"w 1"h slats
- Considerations: bed designed for a mattress only; box spring not recommended; mattress height of 13" or shorter creates the ideal bed proportions; shop our mattresses for a perfect fit
- Assembly: delivery includes assembly Instructions for future reference
- Product Origin: made in North Dakota
- Material Origin: United States and imported
- Item Number: 508594
- See all photos
- Wood: walnut See full material details
- Finish: lacquer
- Material Description: Walnut adds timeless depth and character to your room. Even after walnut is harvested and made into furniture, it continues to be a living, breathing material that responds to its environment - it expands and contracts with changes in humidity and also changes color over time as it's exposed to air, sunlight and wear. New walnut starts as a dark chocolate brown and beautifully ages to lighter brown or honey color over time.
- Base: stainless steel See full material details
- Material Description: Our stainless steel is domestically sourced from 60% recycled material. It is highly resistant to corrosion and has a brushed texture to ensure wear marks will blend in over time.
COPENHAGEN CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
Each Copenhagen piece is constructed one at a time by an expert artisan. The entire case is reinforced with time-tested joinery, built and assembled by hand and then hand sanded and finished before it comes to you as a fully assembled piece. Our commitment to benchmade construction ensures you receive furniture that's built to last a lifetime.
Copenhagen is made entirely of wood veneer. Two different types of wood veneer are used: solid wood veneer for natural woods and wood fiber veneer for white and ebony. Solid wood veneer is created by adhering a thin layer of solid wood to premium grade particle board. Wood fiber veneer employs the same process, but the solid wood is replaced by a thin sheet of recycled wood fibers. Wood fiber veneer’s grain-free surface is specifically designed to be painted.
Wood veneer increases the structural integrity of a piece because it does not expand and contract with seasonal humidity changes like solid wood. Our high quality wood veneers are CARB 2 compliant for low emissions.
A low-sheen lacquer is hand applied to all Copenhagen pieces to seal and protect the surface of the wood veneer. Craftsmen carefully inspect for drips and even application. Solid colors are achieved by adding pigment to the lacquer.
Exterior back panels are left unfinished. You can customize Copenhagen to include a finished back for an additional cost.
Drawers and Glides
Drawer fronts are wood veneer and each is perfectly aligned within the frame. The drawer boxes have Baltic birch plywood sides connected with dovetail joinery and a wood veneer bottom. Full-extension ball-bearing glides allow you to see the entire drawer when fully open and glide smoothly even when the drawer is filled to its 100-pound capacity. Drawer interiors are hand sanded and sealed with lacquer for a smooth, snag-free finish.
Doors, Shelves and Hardware
All doors are wood veneer and precisely inset within the frame. Concealed, fully adjustable hinges open 120 degrees and give you the option to adjust the door alignment for perfect functionality through years of use. Interior latches keep doors securely closed. Wood veneer shelves rest on adjustable steel pins. Optional swiveling locking casters are suitable for hardwood or carpet. We designed the aluminum slab pulls and steel bases exclusively for this collection.
More items in the Copenhagen Collection
Start to Finish
We treat you the way we would like to be treated, from shopping and ordering to delivery and long-term service.
More than 90% of our products are manufactured in America using quality U.S. and imported materials. Working with family-owned companies around the country allows us to bring you the best craftsmanship and fastest delivery with the least environmental impact. It also means you get furniture with a story you'll be proud to share.
Free design services
Our Design Associates put their product expertise and passion for home design into helping you create a functional and inspiring space. Their design help is always available to you for free.
The best price every day
We set our prices on December 26 and guarantee them for a full year so you can take the time you need to find the pieces that work for you. No discount codes, no flash sales. We give you our best price every day.
Unlimited Items for
One Flat Rate
Receive unlimited items for $89 within 100 miles of our stores or $129 anywhere else in the contiguous United States. Small accessories ship for free via UPS.
Our respectful Delivery Associates take care of every detail. Furniture arrives fully assembled and is placed exactly where you want it with no packaging left behind.
Free Returns and Exchanges
We offer free return or exchange delivery service on any item you buy from us. We understand that it can take a few days to a few weeks to determine if your new furniture will work for you. We encourage you to return or exchange items in a timely manner because damage or wear will result in an adjustment to your final refund.
We stand behind the quality of our products and the prices we charge. If you’re not satisfied with your purchase or any part of your experience, just let us know. We’re here to help.
Get unlimited items delivered by our dedicated Delivery Associates for one flat rate per trip—$89 for local customers within 100 miles of a Room & Board store and $129 for customers who live beyond our local delivery areas within the 48 contiguous states. Unlimited accessories ship for free via UPS (excluding accessories that require in-home delivery).