An eye-catching design that will become the centerpiece of your room, the Murphy chair doesn't skimp on style or comfort. The delicate, sculpted frame, flared arms and low profile back create a striking silhouette, while the small scale fits in almost any space.See the full Murphy collection
We partner with artisans and workshops across the country
Details of Murphy Chair
- Dimensions: 33w 36d 32h
- Arm Height: 24h
- Inside Seating: 23W 22D
- Seat Height: 18h
- Leg Height: 10h
- Removable Legs: no
- Frame Style: loose seat/tight back
- Back Cushion: foam and fiber
- Seat Cushion: wrapped foam Cushion details
- Construction Details: bench made hardwood frame with webbing seat suspension Construction details
- Product Origin: made in North Carolina
- Item Number: 571682
- Fabric: Vance burgundy See full fabric details
- Fabric Content: 90% cotton, 10% polyester
- Fabric Description: Vance is a luxurious velvet that offers a rich look with the comfort and livability of an all-cotton pile. A special dyeing and finishing process creates its saturated color and radiant appearance. Vance works well on frames of all styles and sizes, and takes on a beautiful patina with age and use.
- Leg Finish: ebony-stained
- Order free material card
- Eco-friendly, high-resiliency foam core wrapped in fiber padding, encased in ticking
- Offers a structured, supportive sit
- Creates a neat, tailored appearance
- Will soften with use, but designed to retain its shape
Made to the same high standards as all of our furniture, each one of our upholstery frames is built to last.
Kiln-dried, engineered hardwood
We use kiln-dried, engineered hardwood in all of our upholstery frames. Often used for structural beams, engineered hardwood is made by pressing thin layers of solid wood together. Kiln-drying removes moisture, minimizing seasonal expansion and contraction. This stable hardwood material resists warping and cracking for lasting durability.
We reinforce every joint in our frames for added stability. Precision-cut parts interlock like puzzle pieces and are reinforced with eco-friendly glues, screws or staples and corner blocks. Reinforced joinery ensures your seating holds together, even with years of frequent use.
A webbing suspension is made by interweaving strips of nylon material to create a resilient platform. The elasticized webbing is securely attached to the wood frame with staples. Webbing suspensions are ideal for thin-profile styles that require maximum support in minimal space.
More items in the Murphy Collection
Why Room & Board?
When you shop with Room & Board, you choose:
Our goal is to provide a positive customer experience by supporting you throughout the entire shopping experience. We stand behind the quality of our products and the prices we charge. If you're not completely satisfied with your purchase or any part of your experience, just let us know.
More than 90% of our assortment is made by American craftspeople. We seek out companies that share our passion for design, natural materials and quality construction right here at home.
Sales aren't part of our business model. We simply offer our best value every day. No discount codes. No holiday weekend sales. Just the knowledge you're paying the same fair price as everyone else.
Our Design Associates have a passion for helping you find the right furniture and accessories for your home. We offer complimentary design services and expert advice in our stores, over the phone and online.
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you're not completely satisfied with your purchase or any part of your experience, just let us know. We're here to help.
Our Delivery Associates take care of every detail from assembly and careful placement of your new furniture to removing packaging from your home. Receive unlimited items for one flat rate, and free delivery on returns and exchanges.
Returns and Exchanges
We understand that it can take a few days or a few weeks to determine if your new furniture will work for you. We encourage you to return or exchange products in a timely manner because damage or wear may result in an adjustment to your final refund. We don't charge a delivery fee for returns or exchanges within the 48 contiguous states. However, original delivery charges are not refundable.