The Humanscale® Freedom office chair is our most advanced option because it is so simple to use and offers a comfortable, customized sit. It moves with you throughout the day, adjusting with your body as you shift your weight and position. The armrests move in tandem to eliminate uneven arm positioning. Enjoy support from an optional headrest that features five inches of height adjustment to promote healthy posture. Additional lumbar support comes from Freedom's tri-panel backrest that naturally cradles your back without having to adjust using knobs and levers.See the full Freedom collection
We partner with artisans and workshops across the country
Details of Freedom® Headrest Office Chair
- Dimensions: 28"w 25"d 43-53"h
- Armrest Height: 4"-10"h
- Seat Height: 16-21"h
- Inside Seating: 19"W 17-20"D
- Features: adjustable headrest
- Armrest Details: adjustable height, move in tandem to eliminate uneven arm positioning; black Duron polyurethane arm pads
- Seat Details: adjustable height and depth; contoured foam cushion for added comfort
- Back Details: self-adjusting reclining tension; pivoting backrest; contoured foam cushion with lumbar support
- Caster Details: stocked with hard plastic casters ideal for carpeted floors; soft plastic casters best for hard floors can be ordered, contact us for details
- Construction: ergonomically designed to promote healthy posture See features and benefits
- Certification: GREENGUARD Certified® for low chemical emissions; ANSI/BIFMA approved for commercial use See more
- Designer: Niels Diffrient
- Delivery Consideration: ships unassembled via UPS
- Product Origin: made in New Jersey
- Material Origin: United States and imported
- Item Number: 239793
- See all photos
- Material: fabric
- Color: black
- Secondary Material: plastic
- Secondary Color: graphite
- This chair offers an optional headrest that provides an additional five inches of height adjustment for back and neck support in a reclining position.
- This chair moves with you throughout the day, adjusting with your body as you shift your weight and position. Its reclining capabilities reduce stress on your back and encourage movement.
- Lumbar support comes from this chair’s tri-panel backrest that naturally cradles your back without having to adjust using knobs and levers. This feature mimics the natural curve of your spine to provide the greatest amount of lower back support when seated, which is important if the chair is used frequently or as a primary task chair.
- Armrests offer extra support throughout the workday to reduce strain on your upper arms and neck. This chair’s height-adjustable armrests move in tandem to eliminate uneven arm positioning and provide the right amount of support.
- This chair’s contoured foam cushion helps minimize pressure on your thighs and knees to ensure lasting comfort and proper circulation in your legs.
Adjustable Seat Depth
- Adjusting your seat depth to thigh length provides a comfortable, healthy sit. This is a helpful feature if the chair will be used by more than one person.
- Self-adjusting tension control automatically regulates the effort required to recline. This is an especially helpful feature if the chair will be used by multiple people, as it automatically adjusts to accommodate personal preferences.
Adjustable Seat Height
- This is a great feature if the chair will be used by multiple people or at more than one work surface. Position your seat height so thighs are parallel to the floor and feet are flat for healthy circulation in your legs.
- This chair features hard plastic casters that are ideal for carpeted floors. Soft plastic casters, best for hard floors, can be ordered. Contact us for details.
More items in the Freedom Collection
Start to Finish
We treat you the way we would like to be treated, from shopping and ordering to delivery and long-term service.
More than 90% of our products are manufactured in America using quality U.S. and imported materials. Working with family-owned companies around the country allows us to bring you the best craftsmanship and fastest delivery with the least environmental impact. It also means you get furniture with a story you'll be proud to share.
Free design services
Our Design Associates put their product expertise and passion for home design into helping you create a functional and inspiring space. Their design help is always available to you for free.
The best price every day
We set our prices on December 26 and guarantee them for a full year so you can take the time you need to find the pieces that work for you. No discount codes, no flash sales. We give you our best price every day.
Unlimited Items for
One Flat Rate
Receive unlimited items for $89 within 100 miles of our stores or $129 anywhere else in the contiguous United States. Small accessories ship for free via UPS.
Our respectful Delivery Associates take care of every detail. Furniture arrives fully assembled and is placed exactly where you want it with no packaging left behind.
Free Returns and Exchanges
We offer free return or exchange delivery service on any item you buy from us. We understand that it can take a few days to a few weeks to determine if your new furniture will work for you. We encourage you to return or exchange items in a timely manner because damage or wear will result in an adjustment to your final refund.
We stand behind the quality of our products and the prices we charge. If you’re not satisfied with your purchase or any part of your experience, just let us know. We’re here to help.