Designed with intuitive adjustments and ease of use, the Sylphy office chair is made to fit almost everyone for comfort all day long. The S-shape back mimics your spine and features recline and tilt-adjustment dials that require few rotations to move between settings. Its multi-density foam seat cushion is softer in front and firmer in back for enhanced support.
This chair is available in the U.S. only at Room & Board.See the full Sylphy collection
We partner with artisans and workshops across the country
Details of Sylphy® Office Chair
- Dimensions: 26"w 25"d 38-43"h
- Armrest Height: 5"-9"h
- Seat Height: 16-20"h
- Inside Seating: 20.5"W 16-18"D
- Armrest Details: 3-way adjustable; height, width and depth
- Seat Details: adjustable height and depth; multi-density foam cushion; softer in front for thigh comfort, firmer in back for support
- Back Details: easily adjustable reclining tension; forward tilt position relieves lower back pressure; lockable reclining positions; form-sensing mesh for custom lumbar support; adjustable lumbar curve
- Caster Details: soft plastic casters ideal for hard floors, like wood, tile or cement; also suitable for carpeted floors
- Construction: ergonomically designed to promote healthy posture See features and benefits
- Certification: Okamura Sylphy® is GREENGUARD Certified® for low chemical emissions; ANSI/BIFMA approved for commercial use
- Delivery Consideration: ships unassembled via UPS
- Product Origin: made in Japan
- Material Origin: imported
- Item Number: 400356
- See all photos
- Material: mesh
- Color: light grey
- Secondary Material: plastic
- Secondary Color: white
- This chair offers reclining capabilities that reduce stress on your back and encourage movement throughout your workday. It features recline and tilt adjustment dials that require few rotations to move between settings. A forward tilt action promotes healthy spine posture and relieves lower back pressure.
- Form-sensing mesh and an adjustable lumbar curve provide additional lower back support. This chair’s S-shaped back mimics the natural curve of your spine to provide the greatest amount of lower back support when seated, which is important if used frequently or as a primary task chair.
- Armrests offer extra support throughout the workday to reduce strain on your upper arms and neck. The Sylphy chair has 3-way adjustable armrests and the Mid-back version features fixed armrests to complement each chair’s respective design and provide the right amount of support.
- This chair’s multi-density foam seat cushion is softer in front and firmer in back to minimize pressure on your thighs and knees to ensure lasting comfort and proper circulation in your legs.
Adjustable Seat Depth
- Adjusting your seat depth to thigh length provides a comfortable, healthy sit. This is a helpful feature if the chair will be used by more than one person.
- Tension control regulates the effort required to recline. This is an especially helpful feature if the chair will be used by multiple people, as it can be adjusted to accommodate personal preferences.
Adjustable Seat Height
- This is a great feature if the chair will be used by multiple people or at more than one work surface. Position your seat height so thighs are parallel to the floor and feet are flat for healthy circulation in your legs.
- This chair features soft plastic casters that are ideal for hard floors, like wood, tile or cement and are also suitable for carpeted floors.
More items in the Sylphy Collection
Start to Finish
We treat you the way we would like to be treated, from shopping and ordering to delivery and long-term service.
More than 90% of our products are manufactured in America using quality U.S. and imported materials. Working with family-owned companies around the country allows us to bring you the best craftsmanship and fastest delivery with the least environmental impact. It also means you get furniture with a story you'll be proud to share.
Free design services
Our Design Associates put their product expertise and passion for home design into helping you create a functional and inspiring space. Their design help is always available to you for free.
The best price every day
We set our prices on December 26 and guarantee them for a full year so you can take the time you need to find the pieces that work for you. No discount codes, no flash sales. We give you our best price every day.
Unlimited Items for
One Flat Rate
Receive unlimited items for $89 within 100 miles of our stores or $129 anywhere else in the contiguous United States. Small accessories ship for free via UPS.
Our respectful Delivery Associates take care of every detail. Furniture arrives fully assembled and is placed exactly where you want it with no packaging left behind.
Free Returns and Exchanges
We offer free return or exchange delivery service on any item you buy from us. We understand that it can take a few days to a few weeks to determine if your new furniture will work for you. We encourage you to return or exchange items in a timely manner because damage or wear will result in an adjustment to your final refund.
We stand behind the quality of our products and the prices we charge. If you’re not satisfied with your purchase or any part of your experience, just let us know. We’re here to help.