Have a few Room & Board favorites in your home? Show us how our designs fit into your everyday life for a chance to win a new piece from our 2016 collection. Check out other real-life spaces in our new Modern Style Gallery.
Follow these steps:
- From now until February 28, snap a new photo each week of Room & Board furniture in your home.
- Upload a new photo weekly to Instagram, Twitter or through our Modern Style Gallery.
- Tag your photo with
to be automatically entered.
You could win any of the following:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Sponsor. The SHARE YOUR MODERN STYLE Contest (the "Contest") is solely sponsored by Room & Board, Inc., 4600 Olson Memorial Highway, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55422 ("Room & Board"). For further information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Twitter.
2. Eligibility. The Contest is only open to legal residents living in the United States (excluding Arizona and Colorado) and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry and logging onto the Internet from the United States. Employees, officers, and directors of Room & Board, Inc., Olapic, Inc., Instagram, Inc., Twitter, Inc., and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, dealers, advertising and promotional agencies, and their immediate family members and persons living in their same household are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
By entering the Contest, you agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Room & Board, Olapic, Instagram and Twitter and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, dealers, advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, from any damages of any form that you might incur as a result of participation in the Contest or from acceptance, receipt, use, misuse, or possession of the prizes. The prizes are awarded on the condition that Room & Board and its affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind resulting from participation in the Contest or from acceptance or possession of the prizes. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges (all of whom will be appointed by Room & Board in its sole discretion) which will be final and binding in all respects. Void outside the United States and in Arizona and Colorado and wherever prohibited or restricted by law, rule, or regulation. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Entry Period. The Contest consists of five (5) separate weekly contests, beginning at 12:00:01 AM Central Time on January 25, 2016 and ending at 11:59:59 PM Central Time on February 28, 2016 (the "Entry Period"):
|Week||Weekly Contest Period||Notification Date|
|1||Entries eligible for the first contest must be received between 12:00:01 AM Central Time on January 25, 2016 and 11:59:59 PM Central Time on January 31, 2016.||February 3, 2016|
|2||Entries eligible for the second contest must be received between 12:00:01 AM Central Time on February 1, 2016 and 11:59:59 PM Central Time on February 7, 2016.||February 10, 2016|
|3||Entries eligible for the third contest must be received between 12:00:01 AM Central Time on February 8, 2016 and 11:59:59 PM Central Time on February 14, 2016.||February 17, 2016|
|4||Entries eligible for the fourth contest must be received between 12:00:01 AM Central Time on February 15, 2016 and 11:59:59 PM Central Time on February 21, 2016.||February 24, 2016|
|5||Entries eligible for the fifth contest must be received between 12:00:01 AM Central Time on February 22, 2016 and 11:59:59 PM Central Time on February 28, 2016.||March 2, 2016|
4. How to Enter. To enter the Contest, during the Entry Period, take an original photo of your favorite Room & Board setting or design (which may feature one or more Room & Board products) in your home (a "Photo"), and upload your Photo to your Instagram or Twitter account or at the Room & Board website, as provided below:
(a) How to Enter via Instagram. To enter the Contest via Instagram: (1) login to your Instagram account (if you are an active user of Instagram); (2) once logged in to your Instagram account, follow Room & Board on Instagram; and (3) upload a Photo to your Instagram account and add the search hashtag #roomandboardcontest to the Photo. You can create an Instagram account by visiting www.instagram.com.
(b) How to Enter via Twitter. To enter the Contest via Twitter: (1) login to your Twitter account (if you are an active user of Twitter); (2) once logged in to your Twitter account, follow Room & Board, @roomandboard, on Twitter; and (3) upload a Photo to your Twitter account and add the search hashtag #roomandboardcontest to the Photo. You can create a Twitter account by visiting www.twitter.com.
(c) How to Enter via Room & Board's Website. To enter the Contest via Room & Board's website: (1) visit www.roomandboard.com/ideas-advice/get-inspired/modern-style-gallery.ftl; (2) click "add a photo" and upload from your Instagram account, Facebook account or computer; (3) enter "#roomandboardcontest" in the caption; (4) create a display name; (5) enter your email address; and (6) agree to the Terms & Conditions.
Entries must be received during the applicable weekly contest period set forth in Section 3 (each, a "Weekly Contest Period") to be eligible to participate in that week's contest. Regardless of whether you enter via Instagram, Twitter, or Room & Board’s website, you may only enter the Contest once during each Weekly Contest Period during the Entry Period and may not enter the same Photo more than once in the Contest. Only one entry per person or household sharing the same Instagram or Twitter account, e-mail, or street address will be processed. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder. Mailed or hard copy entries will not be accepted. Entries from a prior week will not carry over into the next week's contest. After successful completion and assuming you meet the eligibility requirements, you will automatically be entered in the Contest to win the prize offered that week of the Contest.
Entries from Instagram or Twitter users with "protected" accounts that only permit approved users to view posts may not be received by Room & Board. If entering via a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules, or that otherwise contain incomplete, prohibited, inappropriate, offensive, infringing, or otherwise unlawful or unacceptable content as determined by Room & Board, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified, and will not receive an entry into the Contest (without notice to you).
If you enter the Contest and are discovered to be under the age of 18, a resident of Arizona or Colorado, or are otherwise not eligible to enter the Contest, you will be disqualified. Room & Board reserves the right to use information provided in your entry to contact you about Room & Board’s products and services, and you expressly consent to such use.
5. Prizes. For each Weekly Contest Period during the Entry Period, one (1) potential winner will be selected by the Contest judges per the Judging Criteria set forth in Section 6 from all eligible entries received during that Weekly Contest Period, provided any such potential winner must comply with these Official Rules as a condition to receiving the prize:
(a) The prize offered for the first week's contest is a Room & Board Ira Lounge Chair (Approximate Retail Value: $1,299.00).
(b) The prize offered for the second week's contest is a Room & Board Bailey 52w 28d 16h Cocktail Table in Ash with bark stain top and aluminum legs (Approximate Retail Value: $699).
(c) The prize offered for the third week's contest is a Room & Board Berkeley Queen Bed in Walnut (Approximate Retail Value: $1,799.00).
(d) The prize offered for the fourth week's contest is a Room & Board Julian 78w 48d 29h Oval Table in Ash with sand stain top and stainless steel base. (Approximate Retail Value: $1,799.00).
(e) The prize offered for the fifth week's contest is a Room & Board Tulum 7'9"x9'9" Rug in Ebony. (Approximate Retail Value: $1,399.00).
Only one (1) prize per week will be awarded. With each prize awarded, Room & Board will pay up to $129.00 for delivery within the continental United States (Approximate Retail Value: $129.00). Additional restrictions, limitations, and exclusions may apply. The prizes must be claimed by May 1, 2016. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during each Weekly Contest Period. No cash redemption, transfer, or prize substitution will be allowed, except by Room & Board which reserves the right to change or replace the prize with a prize of comparable or greater value at any time. The winner is solely responsible for purchasing any other products or services which may be required or necessary to utilize any awarded prizes.
6. Judging. Contest judges will consist of a panel of Room & Board staff. Following each Weekly Contest Period, the judges will judge each entry received during the preceding Weekly Contest Period using the following criteria, each weighted in equal percentages: (a) adherence to Contest requirements and rules; (b) the creativity and originality of the Photo; (c) the uniqueness of the Photo from others submitted in the Contest; (d) the prominence of Room & Board products featured in the Photo; and (e) the overall design aesthetic of the items featured in the Photo (collectively, the "Judging Criteria"). The judges will review each Photo as it exists on Instagram or Twitter or as uploaded to the Room & Board website at the time of judging, and Room & Board is not responsible for revisions to or removal of a Photo after it is entered into the Contest. The judges shall select as a potential winner one (1) entry receiving the highest total score based on the Judging Criteria for each Weekly Contest Period. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be re-evaluated against each other by the judges based on the Judging Criteria until the tie is broken.
7. Notification of Winner. On or after the notification date set forth in Section 3 for selection of the potential winner for each weekly contest, the potential winner will be sent a direct notification or comment from Room & Board on Instagram or Twitter, or an e-mail, telephone call, or mailed notification from Room & Board, with instructions on how to claim the prize (the "Notification"). The potential winner will be required to follow instructions on the Notification, and provide Room & Board with his/her first and last name, date of birth, complete address, city, state, and ZIP code, telephone number, and e-mail address, and the potential winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility Release, Liability Release and Publicity Release (except where prohibited), to be returned within fourteen (14) days of the date on the Notification, or the prize will be forfeited and, at Room & Board's discretion, the entry receiving the next highest total score during that Weekly Contest Period based on the Judging Criteria will be selected as a new potential winner. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, fails to return the completed and executed Affidavits and Releases within the specified timeframe as required, or if the prize Notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and the entry receiving the next highest total score during that Weekly Contest Period based on the Judging Criteria will be selected as a new potential winner. In the event of a tie in these instances, the tied entries will be re-evaluated against each other by the judges based on the Judging Criteria until the tie is broken. By accepting or using a prize, the winner agrees that Room & Board can use the winner's name, state of residence, voice, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law. Should there be a dispute regarding who may have submitted an entry, that entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the account at the time the entry was made. All decisions of the judges shall be binding and final. Room & Board is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner.
8. Rights Definition. As used in these Official Rules, the term "Rights" shall mean rights of copyright, patent rights, trademark and service mark rights, publicity rights, trade secret rights, character rights, trade dress rights, and all other proprietary rights of any kind whatsoever, together with any and all applications, registrations, renewal and extension rights, and rights to sue for any past, present, or future infringement or violation.
9. Originality of Photos. Each entrant must have all Rights in and to his/her Photo as of the time of entry to the Contest. By submitting a Photo, each entrant represents and warrants that: (a) the Photo is his/her original work of authorship, creation, or invention; (b) he/she is the exclusive owner of the Rights related to the Photo, or he/she has written permission from the owner of such Rights: (i) to submit such Photo as part of this Contest; and (ii) to grant to Room & Board all rights necessary to use the Photo, including but not limited to the rights necessary to use his or her Likeness as described in Section 11; (c) no other person or entity is entitled to any payment for the use of the Photo; (d) he/she has obtained from anyone identified or depicted in the Photo (or the parent or guardian of any child identified or depicted) all permission necessary to grant Room & Board the rights granted herein; and (e) he/she has obtained from the owner of the related Rights, all permission necessary for the inclusion and use in the Contest of any graphics, artwork, location or other items or elements that appear in the Photo. A Photo must not have been, and may not be, entered in any other contest (including this Contest) or previously published. Modifying, enhancing, or altering a third party's preexisting work does not qualify as an entrant’s original creation. Each entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Room & Board and its third party service providers from and against all claims or damages arising out of the use of such entrant's Photo or entry. Room & Board reserves the right to void and/or disqualify any entry if the entry or Photo is found in Room & Board's sole discretion to be inconsistent with the above representations and warranties, plagiarized, copied or fraudulent, to infringe upon existing Rights of others, or to be incomplete, damaged, obscene, offensive, promoting a particular political agenda, promoting drugs, or firearms/weapons, or otherwise unsuitable for any reason as determined in Room & Board's sole discretion.
10. Room & Board's Use of Entries and Photos. By entering the Contest, each entrant hereby grants to Room & Board an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, unlimited, non-exclusive, sub-licensable unrestricted right and license to use, review, reproduce, modify, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, commercialize, and create derivative works of the entry and Photo, in whole or in part, in all media now existing or later developed without expectation of compensation or acknowledgement (other than the prize, if any, that is awarded as set forth in these Official Rules). Room & Board shall have no obligation to any entrant to make attribution with respect to a Photo or entry, retain any of the foregoing, or maintain any information or ideas contained therein, as confidential or proprietary.
11. Right to Use Name, Likeness, and Other Identifying Information. By entering the Contest, each entrant hereby irrevocably consents to the unlimited reproduction, distribution, display, performance, and other use by Room & Board and its successors and assigns of his/her name; image; likeness; voice; Photo; biographical information; statements and quotes; stories and anecdotes provided; all of his/her other personal or commercial attributes or identifying features; and any interior or exterior photographs or other depictions of the entrant’s home, which may or may not contain images of the entrant’s family, friends, or pets (each, a “Likeness”), for any purposes directly or indirectly related to this Contest, and in any format or medium now existing or later developed. Each entrant hereby waives any and all rights of publicity and rights of privacy associated with Room & Board’s use of a Likeness. Room & Board may, in its sole discretion, and without providing notice to or receiving consent from an entrant, modify, change, adapt, or otherwise alter a Likeness. Entrants shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of a Likeness. The rights granted under this Section 11 are without compensation or notification to the entrant of any kind, except as required by law, and shall extend to all entries, all other materials submitted by the entrant, and all other materials developed in connection with the Contest, regardless of whether they are developed by the entrant or another person or entity.
12. Internet/General Provisions. Room & Board is not responsible for entries (including, without limitation, data transmissions) that are late, lost, tampered with, illegible, unintelligible, incomplete, garbled, delayed, mutilated, forged, destroyed, stolen, misdirected, undeliverable, or mailed postage due or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, and such entries will be disqualified. Room & Board is not responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone, or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled, or misdirected transmissions, data input errors, typographical errors on its website or in these Official Rules, or any other error of any kind whether human, mechanical, or electronic, including, without limitation, the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information regardless of the cause. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by the judges, will be disqualified and entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed, or like entry methods or the use of multiple accounts to make entries will void all entries affected by such methods and be deemed tampering. You are prohibited from assisting or encouraging anyone to make more than one entry. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Room & Board reserves the right to terminate such person's eligibility to participate in the Contest. Room & Board may modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest at any time, and for any reason that it may determine in its sole discretion. Room & Board reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel the Contest and select the winners for the prizes from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation. Room & Board is not responsible for any problem with a Contest entry generated by computer hardware or software malfunction, error, or failure. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ROOM & BOARD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. A potential winner may be required to provide Room & Board with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the potential winning entry or account. Room & Board reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at any time during the Contest.
13. Disputes/Choice of Law. The laws of the State of Minnesota shall govern the Contest. Except where prohibited, you agree that this Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota and: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Hennepin County, Minnesota; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees (except as otherwise provided in these Official Rules); (c) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”); and (d) you hereby waive all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Under no circumstances shall Room & Board's aggregate liability to you or any entrant of the Contest exceed One Dollar ($1.00).
15. Taxes. All federal, state, local, or other applicable taxes in connection with the receipt of the prizes won are the sole responsibility of the winners.
16. Winner List/Copy of Official Rules. To receive the names of the prize winners or a duplicate copy of these Official Rules, send the request and a separate, self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope by March 1, 2016 to: Share Your Modern Style Contest, c/o Room & Board, Inc., 4600 Olson Memorial Highway, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55422.