Float Wall Shelves
Float wall shelves have a modern, sleek design that’s perfect for displaying picture frames, artwork or decorative items. Handcrafted by artisans in North Dakota, these minimalist shelves are an ideal solution for small spaces. Mount a single shelf or cluster several together to create a larger arrangement.
Details of Float 48w 8d 2h Wall Shelf
- Dimensions: 48"w 8"d 2"h
- Includes: sheetrock wall anchors
- Wall Mounting: mounting bracket
- Product Origin: made in North Dakota
- Item Number: 932122
- Wood: cherry See full material details
- Finish: lacquer
- Material Description: Cherry adds timeless warmth and character to your room. Even after cherry is harvested and made into furniture, it continues to be a living, breathing material that responds to its environment - it expands and contracts with changes in humidity and also changes color over time as it's exposed to air, sunlight and wear. New cherry ranges in color from light brown with pink undertones to reddish brown and will beautifully darken to a deep, reddish brown over time.
List of parts
- 36" Float Wall Shelf:
- 2 screws
- 2 wall anchor screws (plus 1 optional)
- 2 wall anchors (plus 1 optional)
- wood bracket
- 48" Float Wall Shelf:
- 3 screws
- 3 wall anchor screws (plus 1 optional)
- 3 wall anchors (plus 1 optional)
- wood bracket
- #2 Phillips screwdriver
- power drill
Note: Maximum recommended load is 20 pounds.
- Place mounting bracket against the wall at the desired location. Note: Pre-drilled bracket holes should be toward the top side.
- Mark hole locations on the wall with a pencil.
- Use a #2 Phillips screwdriver to install the wall anchors at marked wall location. Note: Install the head of the wall anchor flush to the wall; when mounting over studs, wall anchors are not required.
- Hold the bracket against the wall; install provided screws through the bracket and into the wall anchors or studs. Do not overtighten.
Optional screw(s) are included for anchoring bracket to a wall stud. Note: It is highly recommended to have a minimum of one screw fastened to a wall stud to prevent sagging of the shelf assembly.
- Locate wall stud.
- Pre-drill a 3/16" hole through shelf bracket and sheetrock/wall panel at the wall stud location.
- Place hanging shelf over bracket and flush to the wall with the small pilot holes facing up.
- While holding the shelf flush and tight against the wall, install the small screws through the top of the shelf and into the top side of the mounting bracket.
$139 - $189
Get unlimited items delivered by our dedicated Delivery Associates for one flat rate per trip—$89 for local customers within 100 miles of a Room & Board store and $129 for customers who live beyond our local delivery areas within the 48 contiguous states. Unlimited accessories ship for free via UPS (excluding accessories that require in-home delivery).