Frankenthaler, Chairman of the Board
American abstract expressionist artist Helen Frankenthaler is best known for her signature diaphanous clouds of color and her revolutionary soak-stain technique, the catalyst for a newer generation of abstract painting known as Color Field. Her 1971 piece "Chairman of the Board" is reproduced as a serigraph.
Serigraphy is a process in which multiple layers of ink are manually pressed through fine screens which replicates the unique qualities of the original artwork.
Details of Silkscreen, Frankenthaler, Chairman of the Board, 1971 with Maple Frame
- Dimensions: 41"w 2"d 21"h
- Glazing Material: plexiglass
- Product Origin: made in Ohio
- Item Number: 534148
- Material: maple See full material details
- Finish: lacquer
- Material Description: Our maple brings lightness and warmth to your room. New maple will range in color from cream to gold and all maple will become more golden as it ages. Because of its light color and subtle grain pattern, scratches are often less noticeable on maple than on other hardwoods. Maple often features naturally occurring marks from pitch pockets, mineral streaks and pin knots.
- Secondary Material: archival paper
Get unlimited items delivered by our dedicated Delivery Associates for one flat rate per trip—$89 for local customers within 100 miles of a Room & Board store and $129 for customers who live beyond our local delivery areas within the 48 contiguous states. Unlimited accessories ship for free via UPS (excluding accessories that require in-home delivery).