American abstract expressionist artist Helen Frankenthaler is best known for her signature diaphanous clouds of color and her revolutionary soak-stain technique, the catalyst for a newer generation of abstract painting known as Color Field. Her 1971 piece "Chairman of the Board" is reproduced as a serigraph.
Serigraphy is a process in which multiple layers of ink are manually pressed through fine screens which replicates the unique qualities of the original artwork.
Details of Silkscreen, Frankenthaler, Chairman of the Board, 1971
- Dimensions: 41"w 2"d 21"h
- Glazing Material: plexiglass
- Product Origin: made in Ohio
- Item Number: 534148
- Material: maple See material details
- Finish: lacquer
- Secondary Material: archival paper