Helen Frankenthaler, Ocean Drive West 1
American abstract expressionist artist Helen Frankenthaler is best known for her signature diaphanous clouds of color and her revolutionary soak-stain technique, the catalyst for a newer generation of abstract painting known as Color Field. Her 1974 piece "Ocean Drive West 1" is reproduced as a serigraph.
Serigraphy is a process in which multiple layers of ink are manually pressed through fine screens which replicates the unique qualities of the original artwork.
Details of Helen Frankenthaler, Ocean Drive West 1, 1974 with Ebony Frame
- Dimensions: 41"w 2"d 29"h
- Technique: serigraphy
- Construction: solid wood frame; mitered corners; archival acid-free mounting materials; shatterproof plexiglass insert
- Wall Mounting: hanging wire
- Care: wipe with damp cloth, dry immediately; clean insert with plexiglass cleaner sprayed onto cloth
- Product Origin: made in Ohio
- Material Origin: United States
- Item Number: 219780
- Material: ash
- Finish: lacquer
- Color: ebony
- Secondary Material: archival paper
Get unlimited items delivered by our dedicated Delivery Associates for one flat rate per trip—$89 for local customers within 100 miles of a Room & Board store and $129 for customers who live beyond our local delivery areas within the 48 contiguous states. Unlimited accessories ship for free via UPS (excluding accessories that require in-home delivery).