The Calvin storage collection combines classic style with the time-tested durability and beauty of solid wood. Featuring gently tapered legs, each piece is built one at a time by Oregon woodworkers who use Pacific Coast maple or the highest quality ash to showcase the unique, natural wood grain in a timeless design.
Details of Calvin 36w 21d 72h Armoire
- Dimensions: 36"w 21"d 72"h
- Floor to Bottom Clearance: 8"h
- Space Between Legs: 33"w 17.5"d
- Case Construction: benchmade solid wood with unfinished wood veneer back Construction details
- Drawer Construction: solid wood front; solid sycamore sides; French dovetail joinery; wood veneer bottom; one cedar veneer bottom/back panel
- Drawer Detail: full-extension ball-bearing glides; hand sanded, unfinished interior; 100-lb capacity
- Drawer Interior: (1) 29"w 15"d 3.75"h; (1) 29"w 15"d 5.75"h
- Door Construction: solid wood
- Door Details: fully adjustable hinges; opens 170 degrees
- Space Behind Doors: (1) 32"w 20.25"d 45.25"h
- Shelves: two adjustable wood
- Features: one removable wardrobe bar
- Includes: anti-tip safety hardware
- Product Origin: made in Oregon
- Material Origin: United States
- Item Number: 553942
- Wood: ash See full material details
- Finish: lacquer
- Color: bark
- Material Description: Our ash with bark stain features a hand-applied stain over solid, domestically sourced ash. The stain's earthy brown and grey tones are inspired by nature, reminiscent of a walk in the woods. Our bark stain beautifully mixes with other woods and materials and still maintains the integrity of the wood, allowing the grain patterns to show through. Ash is a durable, timeless hardwood with sweeping, varied grain patterns that bring true character to a space.
- Hardware: natural steel
- Finish: lacquer
- Material Description: Our natural steel is domestically sourced from 99% recycled raw materials and hand-selected for consistent color and texture. Hand-welding can create unique markings, as well as color change, due to the heating and shaping of the steel. Subtle variations in color, along with the individuality of each craftsmans work, ensure that no two pieces are alike.
CALVIN CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
Each Calvin piece is constructed one at a time by an expert artisan. The entire case is reinforced with time-tested joinery, built and assembled by hand and then hand sanded and finished before it comes to you as a fully assembled piece. Our commitment to benchmade construction ensures you receive furniture that's built to last a lifetime.
We source our solid woods within the U.S., which has some of the strictest forestry standards in the world. Every board is hand selected for color consistency and strategically placed to create a cohesive appearance. The natural markings of the wood make each Calvin piece one of a kind. All components are solid wood, except for the back panel and drawer box bottoms. Exterior back panels are unfinished wood veneer, while visible interior backs are finished wood veneer that matches the piece.
Calvin is available in a beautiful range of natural and stained woods. Stain colors are meticulously applied by hand and layered until the perfect color is achieved. A clear low-sheen lacquer is used on both natural and stained woods to protect and seal the surface. Regardless of your material selection, the grain of the wood is allowed to show through for a natural look.
Drawers and Glides
Each drawer front is solid wood and perfectly aligned within the frame of the piece. The drawer boxes feature French dovetail joinery and solid sycamore sides, a Baltic birch back and a wood veneer bottom. Full-extension ball-bearing glides allow you to see the entire drawer when fully open and glide smoothly even when the drawer is filled to its 100-pound capacity. Drawer interiors are hand sanded for a smooth feel and left unfinished.
Every Calvin storage piece includes at least one drawer with a cedar veneer bottom to repel fabric-eating insects and keep contents fresh.
Doors, Shelves and Hardware
All doors are solid wood and precisely inset within the frame of the cabinet. Concealed, fully adjustable hinges open 110 degrees and give you the option to adjust the door alignment for perfect functionality through years of use. All shelves are solid wood and rest on adjustable steel pins. The modern steel knobs are handcrafted exclusively for Room & Board.