Average Rating: 4
On Sep 24, 2010
Comments: Ideally suited for the guest room.
On Sep 24, 2010
Comments: This bed looks awesome in any space; it really pulled our bedroom together. (just may need to tighten screws once in a while. it started squeaking after several months)
By Room & Board Obsessed
On Oct 4, 2010
Comments: We bought this bed because we wanted a medium tone wood (which the walnut is perfect for), and a king-size frame that wouldn't overtake the room. So many king beds add bulk - not this one. It's sleek, well-proportioned, and extremely comfortable. And the style is both striking and neutral at the same time. It's quickly become one of our favorite pieces in the house.
By Sleek Designs Fan
On Oct 4, 2010
Comments: I love the sleek and timeless design of this bed. It has a beautiful smooth finish over solid natural cherry wood. It has a stream-lined appearance, without footboard, making it very easy to make your bed each morning. In addition, I love the beautiful accessory furniture I purchased along with my bed (night stand and dresser).
On Jan 14, 2011
Comments: We purchased this (king size) bed 3 years ago along with a Room & Board Mattress. While we absolutely love it's design (we bought the side tables and dresser as well) we've found that the slats that support the mattress aren't necessarily as sturdy as they could be, and that the one center support isn't sufficient to support such a heavy mattress with two people sleeping on it. We're just about to try to get someone in to re-work it so that the bed is more sturdy. It has always felt wobbly and not too supportive.
By design junkie
On Mar 24, 2011
Comments: Simple, straight-forward design. Walnut finish lovely. Goes with Danish Mod dresser and distressed wooden bench. Great piece. Very pleased with my purchase!!
On Apr 4, 2011
Comments: I've had two of these beds..one for the master and one for the guest room. Easy to assemble and makes any room more attractive without being overbearing.
On Jun 28, 2011
Comments: Beautiful, great value, and always guest approved. Out of comfort we even chose what was at the time the cheapest r&b mattress. Every guest we've ever had loves this bed. It's always the house of sleep. And it looks fantastic. We also have matching Anders side tables and dresser. At this point in time, they out perform more expensive De la Espada products by a long way and at a fraction of the price.
On Oct 6, 2011
Comments: I bought this bed for my new place in NY and it is indeed a piece of art...sturdy, but not bulky, it does not squeak and it is very easy to care for. Service and delivery were also superb...a great overall shopping experience.
By gray ghost
On Mar 3, 2012
Comments: This king bed is great for a small room because it has a pretty small foot print compared to most. Love the walnut color, finish, and clean lines. Had for a couple of months with no problems yet!
Inspired by the designs of George Nakashima, the Anders bed is handcrafted by Vermont artisans. Functional and beautiful, with mortise-and-tenon joinery, Anders is enhanced by a natural oil-and-wax finish.
Details of Anders Queen Bed
- Dimensions: 63"w 84"d 34"h
- Headboard Height: 34"h
- Footboard Height: 12.5"h
- Floor to Bottom of Mattress: 12"h
- Underbed Clearance: 63"w 78.5"d 8"h
- Mattress Space: 61.25"w 80.5"d
- Construction: benchmade solid wood frame with reinforced joinery
- Includes: 4 oz bottle of satin wax; complete bed frame and mattress support system; mattress not included
- Mattress Support: slats; eliminates the need for a box spring or foundation; platform boards available for mattresses requiring a solid surface
- Mattress Support Details: 12 steel 2"w 1"h slats
- Considerations: bed designed for a mattress only; box spring not recommended; mattress height of 13" or shorter creates the ideal bed proportions; shop our mattresses for a perfect fit
- Assembly: delivery includes assembly
- Product Origin: made in Vermont
- Material Origin: United States
- Item Number: 517877
- Wood: walnut See full material details
- Finish: oil-and-wax
- Material Description: Walnut adds timeless depth and character to your room. Even after walnut is harvested and made into furniture, it continues to be a living, breathing material that responds to its environment - it expands and contracts with changes in humidity and also changes color over time as it's exposed to air, sunlight and wear. New walnut starts as a dark chocolate brown and beautifully ages to lighter brown or honey color over time.