Average Rating: 4
On Jan 27, 2012
Comments: I really like the steady look of this bed. It looks great in my 12x13 bedroom. I also bought a Queen Natural Encased Coil mattress from RB. The mattress somehow is 4 inches shorter than the bed. I can see the bed racks if I have the mattress all the way to the head side. I'm not sure whether the bed is too long or the mattress is too short.
On Jun 4, 2012
Comments: Lovely bed with a lush and deep finish. My son loves the ledge around the edge so he can climb into bed. It's an attractive piece that we will use until my son leaves for college, or longer! The only downside is that the corners on the end of the bed can really take out your knees if you run into them. Luckily, a fluffy duvet addresses this problem.
On Jun 7, 2012
Comments: I bought this bed to replace a frame that had broken. At first, I didn't think I wanted to make such a large investment, but I'm sure glad I did... The bed is very sturdy, well made and the finish is beautiful. The bed is tall enough to fit storage underneath. It seems easy to care for. I'm glad I made the decision to spend a little more on a piece of furniture I'm sure to have for many years to come. I have no complaints at all.
On Oct 18, 2012
Comments: We bought the Bennett Bed in king with shell stain for our master bedroom. We love the clean, simple lines and the color is perfect. We looked everywhere for a grayish color and the shell stain is just what we were hoping for. We haven't gotten our mattress yet, so we have yet to actually sleep on the bed. We purposely sought out a platform bed to avoid having a box spring or other foundation, but the slats are about 4" apart, which is too far apart for a memory foam or latex mattress (according to most manufacturers). We will either have to get some sort of bunky board or add slats somehow. Other than that, we love the bed!
On Oct 29, 2012
Comments: This bed is great! Sturdy and stunning. My mattress (not purchased at R&B) is about 4 inches short of fitting the frame. (I read another review that complained of that with a mattress that WAS purchased at R&B). (Removed a star because of this.) My comforter covers that imperfection so it is no big deal to me. When delivered there was a knick in the wood. When I had noticed it the delivery men had already taken pictures, documented it and had a replacement piece reserved for me so I could schedule delivery at my convenience. I was REALLY impressed. It is the staff of R&B that will keep me coming back and spending money. I believe you get what you pay for and I paid for a great piece of furniture with superb customer service.
By New to Room and Board
On Nov 9, 2012
Comments: Love the bed. Looks great and it was a perfect fit in the space including the height of the headboard. Highly recommend.
On Nov 26, 2012
Comments: I love this bed; however, there is a large gap between the footboard and the mattress. I have a regular queen size mattress so I do not understand why it does not fit the frame properly. There is at least an extra 3 inches of wasted space...which matters in a small apartment! Even thinking about sawing off the ends and reattaching the footbaord to the frame!
By redoing house
On Feb 23, 2013
Comments: love this bed
By D - Wicker Park
On Jun 19, 2013
Comments: The Bennett set is a great complement to my new modern condo. I also purchased the Drawer Chest and Nightstand. I sometimes bang my knee when walking around the end of the bed; however, that is the only con I can think of with this set. I highly recommend for the cost and quality!
By Comtemporary Furniture
On Dec 23, 2013
Comments: We initially purchased a Bennett dresser and 2 night tables, once they were delivered I decided to complete the set and buy the bed. So glad we did. We have the shell/gray finish. I love that it's different and I love the hardware used for the pulls. Room and Board is my first choice when picking out any furniture for our home.
The Bennett collection is based on a 19th-century French cabinet we discovered in an antique shop. Featuring quality craftsmanship by Pennsylvania woodworkers, this classic bed is built to last.
Details of Bennett Queen Bed
- Dimensions: 68"w 87"d 40"h
- Headboard Height: 40"h
- Footboard Height: 16"h
- Floor to Bottom of Mattress: 15"h
- Underbed Clearance: 62.5"w 81.5"d 8"h
- Mattress Space: 60.5"w 81.5"d
- Construction: benchmade solid wood and wood veneer frame with reinforced joinery
- Includes: complete bed frame and mattress support system; mattress not included
- Mattress Support: slats; eliminates the need for a box spring or foundation; platform boards available for mattresses requiring a solid surface
- Mattress Support Details: 12 steel 2"w 1"h slats
- Considerations: bed designed for a mattress only; box spring not recommended; mattress height of 13" or shorter creates the ideal bed proportions; shop our mattresses for a perfect fit
- Assembly: delivery includes assembly
- Product Origin: made in Pennsylvania
- Material Origin: United States
- Item Number: 055180
- Wood: ash See full material details
- Finish: lacquer
- Color: bark
- Material Description: Our ash with bark stain features a hand-applied stain over solid, domestically sourced ash. The stain's earthy brown and grey tones are inspired by nature, reminiscent of a walk in the woods. Our bark stain beautifully mixes with other woods and materials and still maintains the integrity of the wood, allowing the grain patterns to show through. Ash is a durable, timeless hardwood with sweeping, varied grain patterns that bring true character to a space.