Average Rating: 4
On Jul 7, 2013
Comments: I'm an interior designer and always reviewing furniture for clients and this was an existing piece. Don't expect to prop pillows up and read, watch tv or look at your laptop in this bed, your pillows will slip right through the open headboard into the space between the frame and the wall. This bed would be perfectly fine if the headboard was designed with additional support in the open headboard space ...if done well it wouldn't detract from the minimalist design. This is a bed that is better to look at than lounge in & I don't have a lot of patience for form over function on an essential piece of furniture.
On Nov 12, 2013
Comments: I was hesitant to purchase this bed based on the bad review just from veiewing online. After seeing it in person in my local Room and Board showroom I couldn't order it quick enough. The other reviewer states that pillows can fall through the headboard. I find this case to be true only if it's not pushed against the wall. The bedroom this is in is wallpapered so we wanted something clean and simple that would highlight that. I'm a huge propornate of buying quality products and admit this was a bit of a splurge for a child's room but it's so well made that I know he'll use it for years to come and am so pleased with our decision. We ordered the white one. The delivery team was prompt, quick, friendly and professional-unlike any other furniture store I've used before. I will shop with them in the future and recommened their products to all.
On Aug 5, 2015
Comments: This bed is gorgeous, colors are super bright, and the finish well done. Plus, it's powder coated steel, so no off gassing, which is important, especially in a kid's room. Unfortunately, it's impossible to sit comfortably and read in it, the pillows fall right through the back. We've tried adding thicker pillows, but then there is no adequate support in the back and it's still really uncomfortable. This bed looks great, and brings a pow of color to any room, but I now need to replace it so my son can be more comfortable. Waste of money.
On Dec 8, 2015
Comments: I purchased the bed frame with the pre-drilled option for the wood inset. However I made my own headboard insets using plywood, foam and a cotton cover. I mounted it like I would mount the wood inset, and it is fantastic! Plenty of support, a sharp aesthetic and unique. they are comfortable and the bed is well loved.
On Feb 10, 2017
Comments: Had to return this for the same reason many of the reviewers mentioned, the design of the headboard is flawed, it doesn't allow one to prop up to read or lounge. God forbid if you have a thick baseboard which pushes the bed even further out, creating a gaping maw that swallows up pillows. Once my four year old even slipped behind there. Just terrible. I'm amazed R&B still sell this frame. We got the Parsons for an extra $100 and an extra headboard cross bar and it's great. R&B, after some complaining, did finally do an exchange to their credit.
On Apr 4, 2017
Comments: Solid bed. Great craftsmanship. Sharp color - Green!
Piper Bed in Colors
The simple, bold design of our Piper bed highlights the beauty of hand-welded steel finished with a glossy powder-coating. Its sophisticated form makes Piper a great way to add a modern, minimalist pop of color to your bedroom.
Details of Piper Queen Bed
- Dimensions: 61"w 85"d 36"h
- Headboard Height: 36"h
- Footboard Height: 20"h
- Floor to Bottom of Mattress: 11.5"h
- Underbed Clearance: 61"w 81"d 10"h
- Mattress Space: 60"w 81"d
- Construction: benchmade natural steel frame with hand-welded joinery
- Frame Width: 2"w
- Includes: complete bed frame and mattress support system; mattress not included
- Mattress Support: slats; eliminates the need for a box spring or foundation; platform boards available for mattresses requiring a solid surface
- Mattress Support Details: 12 steel 2"w 1"h slats
- Considerations: bed designed for a mattress only; box spring not recommended; mattress height of 13" or shorter creates the ideal bed proportions; shop our mattresses for a perfect fit
- Assembly: delivery includes assembly
- Product Origin: made in Minnesota
- Material Origin: United States
- Item Number: 117722
- Material: steel See full material details
- Finish: powder-coat
- Color: navy
- Material Description: Steel is exceptionally durable and eco-friendly thanks to its ability to be made from recycled material and then recycled again at the end of the products life. Artisans hand-craft the steel using innovative technology and age-old techniques to shape the steel into pieces of almost any shape and size.