Meyer Bench in Spalted Sugarberry
Part bench and part art, Meyer is constructed from spalted sugarberry. Spalting naturally occurs as a tree starts to decline, resulting in thin black lines that weave through the grain pattern of the wood. Highly sought after by woodworkers, spalted sugarberry captures the beauty of a tree’s life cycle. No two pieces are alike, making the Meyer bench a truly unique addition to any space.
Details of Meyer 56w 16d 17h Bench
- Dimensions: 56"w 16"d 17"h
- Product Origin: made in Vermont
- Item Number: 453986
- Material: spalted sugarberry See full material details
- Finish: lacquer
- Material Description: Sugarberry's light golden color is the ideal backdrop for the distinctive grain pattern that results from spalting. Spalting naturally occurs as a tree starts to decline, creating color variations, shading and lines that are unique to each tree and its environment. The trees are harvested at the perfect time to capture this look while maintaining the strength and integrity of the wood.
- Secondary Material: natural steel See full material details
- Finish: lacquer
- Material Description: Our natural steel is domestically sourced from 99% recycled raw materials and hand-selected for consistent color and texture. Hand-welding can create unique markings, as well as color change, due to the heating and shaping of the steel. Subtle variations in color, along with the individuality of each craftsmans work, ensure that no two pieces are alike.
Get unlimited items delivered by our dedicated Delivery Associates for one flat rate per trip—$89 for local customers within 100 miles of a Room & Board store and $129 for customers who live beyond our local delivery areas within the 48 contiguous states. Unlimited accessories ship for free via UPS (excluding accessories that require in-home delivery).