The Copenhagen storage collection combines durable, high-quality veneer with the handcrafted expertise you expect from Room & Board. North Dakota woodworkers hand-select the finest veneer to create Copenhagen's subtle, distinctive detail: notched mitered corners. Modern, functional and effortlessly stylish, Copenhagen will have a place in your home for years to come.
Details of Copenhagen 70w 20d 30h Six-Drawer Dresser
- Dimensions: 70"w 20"d 30"h
- Floor to Bottom Clearance: steel base 3"h or for casters 5"h
- Leg Thickness: 1.5"w
- Case Construction: benchmade wood veneer with unfinished wood veneer back Construction details
- Drawer Construction: wood veneer front; Baltic birch plywood sides; dovetail joinery; wood veneer bottom
- Drawer Detail: full-extension ball-bearing glides; lacquered interior; 100-lb capacity
- Drawer Interior: (6) 31.25"w 17"d 5"h
- Caster Details: three non-locking; two locking; swivel
- Includes: anti-tip safety hardware
- Product Origin: made in North Dakota
- Item Number: 707054
- Wood: wood fiber veneer See full material details
- Finish: lacquer
- Color: ebony
- Material Description: Wood fiber veneer is an engineered product made from recycled wood fibers. The fibers are pressed into a thin layer, creating a sheet that is then applied to a core panel. Wood fiber veneer is durable, moisture-resistant and specifically designed to be finished with paint or other coatings. This low-emission material is made from wood certified by the Forest Stewardship Council.
- Base: stainless steel See full material details
- Material Description: Our stainless steel is domestically sourced from 60% recycled material. It is highly resistant to corrosion and has a brushed texture to ensure wear marks will blend in over time.
- Hardware: aluminum
- Material Description: Our 100% recycled aluminum offers a lighter-weight alternative to steel. Beautiful and durable for both our indoor and outdoor furniture, aluminum is highly resistant to corrosion, scratching and denting.
COPENHAGEN CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
Each Copenhagen piece is constructed one at a time by an expert artisan. The entire case is reinforced with time-tested joinery, built and assembled by hand and then hand sanded and finished before it comes to you as a fully assembled piece. Our commitment to benchmade construction ensures you receive furniture that's built to last a lifetime.
Copenhagen is made entirely of wood veneer. Two different types of wood veneer are used: solid wood veneer for natural woods and wood fiber veneer for white and ebony. Solid wood veneer is created by adhering a thin layer of solid wood to premium grade particle board. Wood fiber veneer employs the same process, but the solid wood is replaced by a thin sheet of recycled wood fibers. Wood fiber veneer’s grain-free surface is specifically designed to be painted.
Wood veneer increases the structural integrity of a piece because it does not expand and contract with seasonal humidity changes like solid wood. Our high quality wood veneers are CARB 2 compliant for low emissions.
A low-sheen lacquer is hand applied to all Copenhagen pieces to seal and protect the surface of the wood veneer. Craftsmen carefully inspect for drips and even application. Solid colors are achieved by adding pigment to the lacquer.
Exterior back panels are left unfinished. You can customize Copenhagen to include a finished back for an additional cost.
Drawers and Glides
Drawer fronts are wood veneer and each is perfectly aligned within the frame. The drawer boxes have Baltic birch plywood sides connected with dovetail joinery and a wood veneer bottom. Full-extension ball-bearing glides allow you to see the entire drawer when fully open and glide smoothly even when the drawer is filled to its 100-pound capacity. Drawer interiors are hand sanded and sealed with lacquer for a smooth, snag-free finish.
Doors, Shelves and Hardware
All doors are wood veneer and precisely inset within the frame. Concealed, fully adjustable hinges open 120 degrees and give you the option to adjust the door alignment for perfect functionality through years of use. Interior latches keep doors securely closed. Wood veneer shelves rest on adjustable steel pins. Optional swiveling locking casters are suitable for hardwood or carpet. We designed the aluminum slab pulls and steel bases exclusively for this collection.
$999 - $1,599
$499 - $679
$699 - $1,199
$1,099 - $1,299
$649 - $749
$999 - $1,499
$2,198 - $3,897
$1,099 - $1,299
$599 - $999
$899 - $1,799
$1,299 - $1,599
Get unlimited items delivered by our dedicated Delivery Associates for one flat rate per trip—$89 for local customers within 100 miles of a Room & Board store and $129 for customers who live beyond our local delivery areas within the 48 contiguous states. Unlimited accessories ship for free via UPS (excluding accessories that require in-home delivery).