Manhattan Frames in Natural Steel
Add a bold, industrial look to your walls with Manhattan frames, which are hand-welded in a family-owned metalworking shop in Minnesota. Large in scale, these frames provide a geometric, graphic touch and a unique setting for your photos or artwork. These frames feature the distinctive marks, texture and significant color variations characteristic of natural steel. No two frames are exactly alike. Manhattan frames provide a high-impact display, whether hung vertically or horizontally, individually or in groups.
This Minneapolis workshop is run by a brother-and-sister duo that carry on their family tradition of superior steel craftsmanship. Skilled metalworkers drill, form and weld carefully selected materials to create beautiful, durable steel pieces.
- Construction: hand-welded with laser-cut opening; glass insert
- Features: hangs horizontal or vertical; three hanging positions
- Installation: built-in notch provides stability, hangs on nail or screw
- Includes: screw, drywall anchor
- Care: wipe with damp cloth, dry immediately; clean insert with glass cleaner sprayed onto cloth
- Product Origin: made in Minnesota
- Material Origin: United States
- Item Numbers: 70712811x14 Centered Frame (26"w .5"d 26"h)07860411x14 Off-Center Frame (26"w .5"d 26"h)1587178x10 Centered Frame (20"w .5"d 20"h)7861658x10 Off-Center Frame (20"w .5"d 20"h)4515335x7 Centered Frame (13"w .5"d 13"h)4845265x7 Off-Center Frame (13"w .5"d 13"h)
- Material: natural steel See full material details
- Finish: lacquer
- Material Description: Our natural steel is domestically sourced from 99% recycled raw materials and hand-selected for consistent color and texture. Hand-welding can create unique markings, as well as color change, due to the heating and shaping of the steel. Subtle variations in color, along with the individuality of each craftsmans work, ensure that no two pieces are alike.
List of parts
- Manhattan Frame
- common nail
- Place the frame face down on a flat, protected surface.
- Slide the back board from the frame. (Figure 1)
- Position your image in the mat window opening. Optional: Secure image with tape to keep it from shifting.
- Insert the backing board into the frame.
- Hammer the nail 3/4 of the way into desired wall location and hang frame so it's flush against the wall, positioning frame on built-in notch for extra stability.
$316 - $474
$356 - $534
$396 - $594
$79 - $149
$79 - $99
$79 - $99
$89 - $159
$399 - $1,099
$299 - $999
$449 - $1,149