Manhattan Box Frames in Patina
Create a dramatic display with Manhattan Box frames. Hand-welded in a family-owned metalworking shop in Minnesota, these frames are large in scale and add sculptural dimension to a room. To create the distinctive patina, steel is dipped in a solution that reveals natural variations in color and texture, giving the frames a weathered appearance. This means no two frames are exactly alike. Manhattan Box frames are designed to be hung vertically or horizontally. Stunning when used solo, they also look striking when mounted as part of a wall gallery.
- Construction: hand-welded with laser-cut opening; glass insert
- Features: hangs horizontal or vertical
- Installation: built-in notch provides stability, hangs on nail or screw
- Includes: screw, drywall anchor
- Care: wipe with damp cloth, dry immediately; clean insert with glass cleaner sprayed onto cloth
- Product Origin: made in Minnesota
- Material Origin: United States
- Item Numbers: 6317788x10 Centered Frame (20"w 3"d 20"h)9506568x10 Off-Center Frame (20"w 3"d 20"h)6564025x7 Centered Frame (13"w 3"d 13"h)4364045x7 Off-Center Frame (13"w 3"d 13"h)
- Material: steel See full material details
- Finish: lacquer
- Color: patina
- Material Description: Steel is exceptionally durable and eco-friendly thanks to its ability to be made from recycled material and then recycled again at the end of the products life. To create a patina, steel is dipped in an acidic solution that reveals natural variations in color and texture, giving it a weathered appearance. Then the steel is dried thoroughly and sealed with a clear lacquer to preserve its unique look
List of parts
- Manhattan Box Frame
- common nail
- Place the frame face down on a flat, protected surface.
- Remove the thin steel bars from the back board of the frame, and then slide the back board from the frame. (Figure 1)
- Position your image in the mat window opening. Optional: Secure image with tape to keep it from shifting.
- Insert the backing board into the frame.
- Hammer the nail 3/4 of the way into desired wall location and hang frame so it's flush against the wall, positioning frame on built-in notch for extra stability.
Get unlimited items delivered by our dedicated Delivery Associates for one flat rate per trip—$89 for local customers within 100 miles of a Room & Board store and $129 for customers who live beyond our local delivery areas within the 48 contiguous states. Unlimited accessories ship for free via UPS (excluding accessories that require in-home delivery).