Copenhagen Bookcase with File Drawer
The Copenhagen storage collection combines durable, high-quality veneer with the handcrafted expertise you expect from Room & Board. North Dakota woodworkers hand-select the finest veneer to create Copenhagen's subtle, distinctive detail: notched mitered corners. Modern, functional and effortlessly stylish, Copenhagen will have a place in your home for years to come.
Details of Copenhagen 36w 14d 82h One-File-Drawer Bookcase
- Dimensions: 36"w 14"d 82"h
- Floor to Bottom Clearance: steel base 3"h or for casters 5"h
- Leg Thickness: 1.5"w
- Open Space: (1) 34"w 13"d 56"h
- Case Construction: benchmade wood veneer with unfinished wood veneer back Construction details
- Drawer Construction: wood veneer front; Baltic birch plywood sides; dovetail joinery; wood veneer bottom
- Drawer Detail: full-extension ball-bearing glides; lacquered interior; 100-lb capacity
- Drawer Interior: (1) 32"w 11"d 4"h; (1) 32"w 11"d 9.5"h
- File Drawer Details: one letter/legal-size
- Shelves: five adjustable wood
- Includes: anti-tip safety hardware
- Product Origin: made in North Dakota
- Item Number: 346304
- Wood: cherry See full material details
- Finish: lacquer
- Material Description: Our cherry brings warmth and richness to your room. New cherry will range in color from light brown with pink undertones to reddish brown, and all cherry will darken over time to a deep, reddish brown. Cherry often features a distinctive grain pattern and naturally occurring marks from pitch pockets, mineral streaks and pin knots.
- Base: natural steel See full material details
- Finish: lacquer
- Material Description: Our natural steel is domestically sourced from 99% recycled raw materials and hand-selected for consistent color and texture. Hand-welding can create unique markings, as well as color change, due to the heating and shaping of the steel. Subtle variations in color, along with the individuality of each craftsmans work, ensure that no two pieces are alike.
- Hardware: aluminum
- Color: black
COPENHAGEN CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
Each Copenhagen piece is constructed one at a time by an expert artisan. The entire case is reinforced with time-tested joinery, built and assembled by hand and then hand sanded and finished before it comes to you as a fully assembled piece. Our commitment to benchmade construction ensures you receive furniture that's built to last a lifetime.
Copenhagen is made entirely of wood veneer. Two different types of wood veneer are used: solid wood veneer for natural woods and wood fiber veneer for white and ebony. Solid wood veneer is created by adhering a thin layer of solid wood to premium grade particle board. Wood fiber veneer employs the same process, but the solid wood is replaced by a thin sheet of recycled wood fibers. Wood fiber veneer’s grain-free surface is specifically designed to be painted.
Wood veneer increases the structural integrity of a piece because it does not expand and contract with seasonal humidity changes like solid wood. Our high quality wood veneers are CARB 2 compliant for low emissions.
A low-sheen lacquer is hand applied to all Copenhagen pieces to seal and protect the surface of the wood veneer. Craftsmen carefully inspect for drips and even application. Solid colors are achieved by adding pigment to the lacquer.
Exterior back panels are left unfinished. You can customize Copenhagen to include a finished back for an additional cost.
Drawers and Glides
Drawer fronts are wood veneer and each is perfectly aligned within the frame. The drawer boxes have Baltic birch plywood sides connected with dovetail joinery and a wood veneer bottom. Full-extension ball-bearing glides allow you to see the entire drawer when fully open and glide smoothly even when the drawer is filled to its 100-pound capacity. Drawer interiors are hand sanded and sealed with lacquer for a smooth, snag-free finish.
Doors, Shelves and Hardware
All doors are wood veneer and precisely inset within the frame. Concealed, fully adjustable hinges open 120 degrees and give you the option to adjust the door alignment for perfect functionality through years of use. Interior latches keep doors securely closed. Wood veneer shelves rest on adjustable steel pins. Optional swiveling locking casters are suitable for hardwood or carpet. We designed the aluminum slab pulls and steel bases exclusively for this collection.
$599 - $999
$899 - $1,799
$1,299 - $1,599
$699 - $1,199
$1,099 - $1,299
$649 - $749
$999 - $1,499
$999 - $1,599
$899 - $1,899
$499 - $679
Get unlimited items delivered by our dedicated Delivery Associates for one flat rate per trip—$89 for local customers within 100 miles of a Room & Board store and $129 for customers who live beyond our local delivery areas within the 48 contiguous states. Unlimited accessories ship for free via UPS (excluding accessories that require in-home delivery).