Mid-century details like solid wood turned and tapered legs and beveled edges lend an air of refinment to the Grove storage collection. Handcrafted by Pennsylvania woodworkers, Grove features an oil-and-wax finish that enhances the natural grain pattern of every panel of its solid wood construction.
The Grove bookcase features shelves and sleek sliding doors, giving you a combination of display space and closed storage.
Details of Grove 60w 15d 68h Bookcase
- Dimensions: 60"w 15"d 68"h
- Floor to Bottom Clearance: 5.5"h
- Space Between Legs: 49.25"w 9.25"d
- Open Space: (2) 28.75"w 14.75"d 41.25"h
- Case Construction: benchmade solid wood with unfinished wood veneer back Construction details
- Door Construction: solid wood
- Door Details: 2 sliding
- Space Behind Doors: (2) 28.75"w 12"d 16.5"h
- Shelves: eight adjustable wood
- Cord Opening: (4) 6"w 1.5"h
- Includes: 4 oz bottle of Satin Wax; anti-tip safety hardware
- Delivery Consideration: Large item; see Measuring for furniture delivery information below
- Product Origin: made in Pennsylvania
- Material Origin: United States
- Item Number: 957513
- Wood: cherry See full material details
- Finish: oil-and-wax
- Material Description: Cherry adds timeless warmth and character to your room. Even after cherry is harvested and made into furniture, it continues to be a living, breathing material that responds to its environment - it expands and contracts with changes in humidity and also changes color over time as it's exposed to air, sunlight and wear. New cherry ranges in color from light brown with pink undertones to reddish brown and will beautifully darken to a deep, reddish brown over time.
GROVE CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
Each Grove piece is constructed one at a time by an expert artisan. The entire case is reinforced with time-tested joinery, built and assembled by hand and then hand sanded and finished before it comes to you as a fully assembled piece. Our commitment to benchmade construction ensures you receive furniture that's built to last a lifetime.
We source our solid woods within the U.S., which has some of the strictest forestry standards in the world. Every board is hand selected for color consistency and strategically placed to create a cohesive appearance. The natural markings of the wood make each Grove piece one of a kind. Grove is constructed entirely from solid wood, except for the back panel and drawer boxes. Exterior back panels are unfinished wood veneer, while visible interior backs are finished wood veneer that matches the piece.
Every Grove piece is finished with oil and wax, which is designed to highlight grain patterns and bring out the natural luster of the wood. Artisans apply this rich finish by hand and lightly buff the surface for a subtle sheen. The oil moisturizes and seals the wood and the wax offers a layer of light protection. We recommend applying our Satin Wax annually to maintain your Grove furniture.
Drawers and Glides
Each drawer front is solid wood and perfectly aligned within the frame of the piece. The drawer boxes have Baltic birch plywood sides connected with dovetail joinery and a wood veneer bottom. Full-extension ball-bearing glides allow you to see the entire drawer when fully open and glide smoothly even when the drawer is filled to its 100-pound capacity. Drawer interiors are hand sanded for a smooth feel and left unfinished.
Doors, Shelves and Hardware
All doors are built from solid wood and precisely inset within the frame of the cabinet. Concealed, fully adjustable hinges open 110 degrees and give you the option to adjust the door alignment for perfect functionality through years of use. Interior latches keep doors securely closed. Some Grove pieces feature sliding solid wood doors with hidden hardware for nearly effortless functionality. Shelves are made from solid wood and rest on adjustable steel pins. We designed the mid-century-inspired solid wood base and knobs exclusively for the Grove collection.