Average Rating: 4
On Apr 4, 2011
Comments: They are elegant and very functional, the wider shelves at the base and narrower ones at the top keep them from looking bulky, even though they hold alot.
On Jul 11, 2011
Comments: Make sure it's put together right before the guys leave! I caught them just in the nick of time. The walnut looks terrific, and holds a lot more than I expected. Yay!!
By San Francisco Fan
On Jul 29, 2011
Comments: Great with matching desk.
By Pisa 76h Leaning Shelf
On Aug 19, 2011
Comments: For books, storage boxes (decorative), pictures
On Aug 29, 2011
Comments: We were purchasing an Ellis desk in the SOHO store for the home office / spare bedroom. We also needed a bookshelf for a printer, books and pictures. The Pisa ladder shelf fit our needs perfectly. The open construction makes the room look bigger, yet it holds a lot of books.You can find cheaper versions at other stores such as [...] but these are all made of pressed wood and laminate. If you want to buy furniture over and over again then go to [...] or [...]. If you want to buy it once then go to Room & Board.
By Pisa Leaning Shelf
On Oct 27, 2011
Comments: I use this space saving shelving unit as a display & decoration piece (upper shelves) and as a media center piece (lower shelves). The piece is made of beautiful high quality hard wood. the wood color is very appealing. the overall look and feel is stunning in the family room. I highly recommend it as a decorative / display piece /space saving piece. Customer service at Room & Board was very helpful in providing ordering and shipping information.
On Oct 29, 2011
Comments: The shelves are made out of lovely wood, a nice change from veneers found with other stores. The construction is definitely a weak point though because the shelves are held together with bolts screwed directly into the wood.
On Oct 31, 2011
Comments: I needed a solution to place entertainment equipment in a very limited space and the Pisa shelf fit perfectly. It was a little narrow for the amplifier I bought, but pulling the base away from the wall slightly helped add the few inches I needed.
On Nov 7, 2011
Comments: This does not need to be fixed to the wall. Holds heavy books without becoming unsteady.
On Nov 13, 2011
Comments: I bought this for my daughter's bedroom after she took some of her furniture to college. Her bedroom furniture is maple so I bought the maple bookshelf. The maple is a little light in color but I expect it will darken over time. The piece is sturdy - does not wobble - and can hold a significant amount of weight. It's really a great piece of furniture. I ordered it on-line and I assembled it myself without any problems (and I'm the mom). I'm very pleased with the purchase and may buy another! A real plus is that it's made in the USA - which is one of the reasons I purchased it.
Pisa Leaning Shelves
Enjoy the beauty of hardwood in modern, functional design. Pisa's leaning shelves offer handcrafted solid wood storage with a space-conscious design, versatile enough for any room in your home.
Details of Pisa 32w 14d 76h Leaning Shelf
- Dimensions: 32"w 14"d 76"h
- Floor to Bottom Clearance: 8"h
- Space Between Legs: 29.25"w, 8"d
- Open Space: (1) 29.25"w 6.75"d 12.5"h; (1) 29.25"w 8"d 9"h; (1) 29.25"w 11"d 13.75"h; (1) 29.25"w 12"d 14.5"h; (1) 29.25"w 14"d 14.5"h
- Shelves: five fixed wood
- Includes: anti-tip safety hardware
- Product Origin: made in North Dakota
- Material Origin: United States
- Item Number: 123362
- Wood: ash See full material details
- Finish: lacquer
- Color: bark
- Material Description: Our ash with bark stain features a hand-applied stain over solid, domestically sourced ash. The stain's earthy brown and grey tones are inspired by nature, reminiscent of a walk in the woods. Our bark stain beautifully mixes with other woods and materials and still maintains the integrity of the wood, allowing the grain patterns to show through. Ash is a durable, timeless hardwood with sweeping, varied grain patterns that bring true character to a space.
$399 - $499