Woodwind 72h Bookcases with Drawers
Classic design and versatile options make our Woodwind storage collection a timeless addition to your home. Crafted by Pennsylvania woodworkers from solid wood and the highest quality wood veneer, Woodwind offers the look of a built-in no matter your space, providing you with an ideal storage piece to display your most treasured personal items. And with an array of shapes and sizes, you can find your exact solution within Woodwind.
Details of Woodwind 32w 17d 72h Three-Drawer Bookcase
- Dimensions: 32"w 17"d 72"h
- Open Space: (1) 28.5"w 15"d 40.75"h
- Case Construction: benchmade solid wood and wood veneer with unfinished wood veneer back Construction details
- Drawer Construction: solid wood front; Baltic birch plywood sides; dovetail joinery; wood veneer bottom
- Drawer Detail: full-extension ball-bearing glides; hand sanded, unfinished interior; 100-lb capacity
- Drawer Interior: (3) 26.25"w 13"d 4.25"h
- Shelves: three adjustable wood
- Wire Management: (1) 2" diam
- Includes: anti-tip safety hardware
- Product Origin: made in Pennsylvania
- Item Number: 161150
- Wood: maple See full material details
- Finish: lacquer
- Color: charcoal
- Material Description: Our maple with charcoal stain features a hand-applied stain over solid, domestically sourced maple. The deep color of the stain still allows the natural grain of the wood to show through. The charcoal color was designed to easily mix with other woods and materials. Maple often features naturally occurring marks from pitch pockets, mineral streaks and pin knots.
- Hardware: stainless steel
- Material Description: Our stainless steel is domestically sourced from 60% recycled material. It is highly resistant to corrosion and has a brushed texture to ensure wear marks will blend in over time.
WOODWIND CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
Each Woodwind piece is constructed one at a time by an expert artisan. The entire case is reinforced with time-tested joinery, built and assembled by hand and then hand sanded and finished before it comes to you as a fully assembled piece. Our commitment to benchmade construction ensures you receive furniture that's built to last a lifetime.
We source our solid woods within the U.S., which has some of the strictest forestry standards in the world. Every board is hand selected for color consistency and strategically placed to create a cohesive appearance. The natural markings of the wood make each Woodwind piece one of a kind. The Woodwind collection features solid wood frames, drawer fronts and bases.
Wood Veneer Reinforcement
Woodwind pieces have wood veneer tops, sides, interior panels, drawer boxes, doors and bottom panels. The wood veneer exterior back panels are unfinished. Woodwind’s wood veneer is made by applying a layer of solid wood to premium grade plywood. This combination of materials increases structural integrity because it doesn’t expand or contract with seasonal humidity changes like solid wood. Our wood veneers are the best quality in the industry and CARB 2 compliant for low emissions.
Woodwind is available in a beautiful range of natural and stained woods. Stain colors are meticulously applied by hand and layered until the perfect color is achieved. A clear low-sheen lacquer is used on both natural and stained woods to protect and seal the surface. Regardless of your material selection, the grain of the wood is allowed to show through for a natural look.
Drawers and Glides
For Woodwind cabinets that include drawers, the drawer fronts are solid wood and perfectly aligned within the frame of the piece. The drawer boxes have Baltic birch plywood sides connected with dovetail joinery and a wood veneer bottom. Full-extension ball-bearing glides allow you to see the entire drawer when fully open and glide smoothly even when the drawer is filled to its 100-pound capacity. Drawer interiors are hand sanded for a smooth feel and left unfinished.
Doors, Shelves and Hardware
Woodwind's wood veneer shelves rest on adjustable steel pins. For Woodwind cabinets that include doors, all doors are wood veneer and precisely inset within the frame. Concealed, fully adjustable hinges open 110 degrees and give you the option to adjust the door alignment for perfect functionality through years of use. The modern steel knobs are handcrafted exclusively for Room & Board.
$399 - $849
$449 - $699
$1,099 - $1,499
$699 - $999
$1,249 - $1,449
$999 - $1,299
$799 - $899
$1,099 - $1,399
Get unlimited items delivered by our dedicated Delivery Associates for one flat rate per trip—$89 for local customers within 100 miles of a Room & Board store and $129 for customers who live beyond our local delivery areas within the 48 contiguous states. Unlimited accessories ship for free via UPS (excluding accessories that require in-home delivery).