Woodwind 72h Bookcases with Drawers
Classic design and versatile options make our Woodwind storage collection a timeless addition to your home. Crafted by Pennsylvania woodworkers from solid wood and the highest quality wood veneer and imported materials, Woodwind offers the look of a built-in no matter your space, providing you with an ideal storage piece to display your most treasured personal items. And with an array of shapes and sizes, you can find your exact solution within Woodwind.
Details of Woodwind 32w 17d 72h Three-Drawer Bookcase
- Dimensions: 32"w 17"d 72"h
- Open Space: (1) 28.5"w 15"d 40.75"h
- Case Construction: benchmade solid wood and wood veneer with unfinished wood veneer back Construction details
- Drawer Construction: solid wood front; Baltic birch plywood sides; dovetail joinery; wood veneer bottom
- Drawer Detail: full-extension ball-bearing glides; hand sanded, unfinished interior; 100-lb capacity
- Drawer Interior: (3) 26.25"w 13"d 4.25"h
- Shelves: three adjustable wood
- Cord Opening: (1) 2" diam
- Includes: anti-tip safety hardware
- Product Origin: made in Pennsylvania
- Material Origin: United States and imported
- Item Number: 161150
- Wood: maple See full material details
- Finish: lacquer
- Color: charcoal
- Material Description: Maple is a durable, timeless hardwood. Even after maple is harvested and made into furniture, it continues to be a living, breathing material that responds to its environment - it expands and contracts with changes in humidity and may change color over time as it's exposed to air, sunlight and wear. Our maple with charcoal stain features a hand-applied stain that was designed to easily mix with other woods and materials.
- Hardware: stainless steel
- Material Description: Our stainless steel is domestically sourced from 60% recycled material. It is highly resistant to corrosion and has a brushed texture to ensure wear marks will blend in over time.
WOODWIND CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
Each Woodwind piece is constructed one at a time by an expert artisan. The entire case is reinforced with time-tested joinery, built and assembled by hand and then hand sanded and finished before it comes to you as a fully assembled piece. Our commitment to benchmade construction ensures you receive furniture that's built to last a lifetime.
We source our solid woods within the U.S., which has some of the strictest forestry standards in the world. Every board is hand selected for color consistency and strategically placed to create a cohesive appearance. The natural markings of the wood make each Woodwind piece one of a kind. The Woodwind collection features solid wood frames, drawer fronts and bases.
Wood Veneer Reinforcement
Woodwind pieces have wood veneer tops, sides, interior panels, drawer boxes, doors and bottom panels. The wood veneer exterior back panels are unfinished. Woodwind’s wood veneer is made by applying a layer of solid wood to durable medium density fiberboard (MDF). This combination of materials increases structural integrity because it doesn’t expand or contract with seasonal humidity changes like solid wood. Our wood veneers are the best quality in the industry and CARB 2 compliant for low emissions.
Woodwind is available in a beautiful range of natural and stained woods. Stain colors are meticulously applied by hand and layered until the perfect color is achieved. A clear low-sheen lacquer is used on both natural and stained woods to protect and seal the surface. Regardless of your material selection, the grain of the wood is allowed to show through for a natural look.
Drawers and Glides
For Woodwind cabinets that include drawers, the drawer fronts are solid wood and perfectly aligned within the frame of the piece. The drawer boxes have Baltic birch plywood sides connected with dovetail joinery and a wood veneer bottom. Ball-bearing glides function smoothly even when the drawer is filled to its 100-pound capacity. Drawer interiors are hand sanded for a smooth feel and left unfinished.
Doors, Shelves and Hardware
Woodwind's wood veneer shelves rest on adjustable steel pins. For Woodwind cabinets that include doors, all doors are wood veneer and precisely inset within the frame. Concealed, fully adjustable hinges open 110 degrees and give you the option to adjust the door alignment for perfect functionality through years of use. The modern steel knobs are handcrafted exclusively for Room & Board.
$399 - $849
$449 - $699
$1,099 - $1,499
$699 - $999
$1,249 - $1,499
$1,249 - $1,449
$999 - $1,299
$2,098 - $3,797
$2,097 - $4,996
$799 - $899
$2,297 - $4,397
$1,099 - $4,397