Berkeley Cocktail Table
Inspired by Asian design details with a modern edge, the form of our Berkeley cocktail table gracefully bridges classic and contemporary styles. A unique solid wood base, flush sides and distinctive slab pulls are elegant details you'll enjoy every day. Handcrafted by North Dakota woodworkers from solid wood and expertly constructed solid wood veneer, this table is meant to be an enduring part of your home.
Details of Berkeley 54w 26d 17h Cocktail Table
- Dimensions: 54"w 26"d 17"h
- Floor to Bottom Clearance: 3"h
- Space Between Legs: 51.5"w 23.5"d
- Leg Thickness: 1.25"w
- Drawer Interior: (4) 23.25"w 10.25"d 4"h
- Drawer Detail: full-extension ball-bearing glides
- Drawer Construction: baltic birch plywood; dovetail joinery
- Product Origin: made in North Dakota
- Item Number: 957512
- Wood: walnut See full material details
- Finish: lacquer
- Material Description: Our domestic walnut brings depth and richness to your room. New walnut will start off as a dark chocolate brown and will age to lighter brown or honey color over time with a grain pattern that can range from subtle to bold. Walnut often features naturally occurring marks from pitch pockets, mineral streaks and pin knots.
- Hardware: natural steel
- Finish: lacquer
- Material Description: Our natural steel is domestically sourced from 99% recycled raw materials and hand-selected for consistent color and texture. Hand-welding can create unique markings, as well as color change, due to the heating and shaping of the steel. Subtle variations in color, along with the individuality of each craftsmans work, ensure that no two pieces are alike.
BERKELEY CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
Each Berkeley piece is constructed one at a time by an expert artisan. The entire case is reinforced with time-tested joinery, built and assembled by hand and then hand sanded and finished before it comes to you as a fully assembled piece. Our commitment to benchmade construction ensures you receive furniture that's built to last a lifetime.
We source our solid woods within the U.S., which has some of the strictest forestry standards in the world. Every board is hand selected for color consistency and strategically placed to create a cohesive appearance. The natural markings of the wood make each Berkeley piece one of a kind. The Berkeley collection features solid wood frames, doors, drawer fronts and bases.
Wood Veneer Reinforcement
Berkeley pieces have wood veneer tops, sides and interior panels, and unfinished wood veneer exterior back panels. Berkeley’s wood veneer is made by applying a layer of solid wood to premium grade particle board. This combination of materials increases structural integrity because it doesn’t expand or contract with seasonal humidity changes like solid wood. Berkeley’s wood veneer is thicker than the industry standard and CARB 2 compliant for low emissions.
Berkeley is available in a beautiful range of natural and stained woods. Stain colors are meticulously applied by hand and layered until the perfect color is achieved. A clear low-sheen lacquer is used on both natural and stained woods to protect and seal the surface. Regardless of your material selection, the grain of the wood is allowed to show through for a natural look.
Drawers and Glides
Each drawer front is solid wood and perfectly aligned within the frame of the piece. The drawer boxes have Baltic birch plywood sides connected with dovetail joinery and a wood veneer bottom. Full-extension ball-bearing glides allow you to see the entire drawer when fully open and glide smoothly even when the drawer is filled to its 100-pound capacity. Drawer interiors are hand sanded and sealed with lacquer for a smooth, snag-free finish.
Doors, Shelves and Hardware
Select Berkeley pieces feature sliding doors with paper cord panels. Woven in Iowa using traditional methods, the paper cord panels are framed in solid wood. Hidden premium hardware allows doors to glide smoothly. Some storage pieces have solid wood doors with concealed, fully adjustable, soft-close hinges that open 110 degrees. Shelves are made from wood veneer and rest on adjustable steel pins. We designed Berkeley’s distinctive steel pulls exclusively for this collection.
Get unlimited items delivered by our dedicated Delivery Associates for one flat rate per trip—$89 for local customers within 100 miles of a Room & Board store and $129 for customers who live beyond our local delivery areas within the 48 contiguous states. Unlimited accessories ship for free via UPS (excluding accessories that require in-home delivery).