Average Rating: 5
By Adult Living 101
On Sep 24, 2010
Comments: Living with it for awhile now. Still love it! If used as a media center, could have improved cable management - cut outs to allow cables to travel through partitions etc. And a larger back hole to allow larger cable bundles. In general a great piece of furniture.
By SFRB Shopper
On Oct 4, 2010
Comments: Looks great as our media center in the living room.
By Happy Noncamper
On Apr 21, 2011
Comments: I underestimated the pleasure of having drawers on one side for DVDs versus trying to come up with a solution for accessing the space behind DVDs on shelves. [The drawers open and close smoothly.] I also underestimated how much I like having the media components behind a glass door. I didn't underestimate the pleasure of seeing a beautiful cabinet made of solid cherry rather than veneer in my family room.
By 50's modern fan
On Jun 2, 2011
Comments: Great piece! The color is a bit darker than it shows online and it will continue to darken as cherry always does. Which is exactly what we want! Very quality construction and love the fact that it is made in the USA
By Modern Mixer
On Aug 1, 2011
Comments: Stunning soft-finish cherry cabinet with clean lines and high functionality. Looks great with ample room for electronics and fabulous drawer storage.
On Apr 5, 2012
Comments: I absolutely love the cabinet. It's high quality and very well made - solid wood. The entire process from purchase to delivery was excellent. My only complaint is that for the amount of components we have, the cable holes in the back are too small, and there is inadequate ventilation. We solved this by sawing larger holes in the back, and drilling a few extra ventilation holes at the top of the back panel. Also, because the rear panel is not removable, it makes initial setup difficult if you have multiple components, and a heavy receiver as we do. But all in all, those are minor complaints. The quality is outstanding and I would highly recommend this cabinet.
On Jun 25, 2012
Comments: No complaints with the product. Also, service and delivery was great.
By Fan of well made furniture
On Aug 26, 2012
Comments: The Anders media cabinet is beautiful. We just finished renovating our kitchen, dining room and family room and the new Anders cabinet fits to perfection and looks gorgeous. We have only one request - instead of the two shelves included, four would have been better. We all have too many electronics these days, and it would have been better to not have to double-stack them. But the lack of extra shelves does not take away from the great cabinet that we got. Room and Board is the best - from delivery to setup they were outstanding. Thank you Room and Board!
By Simple and straight forward
On Sep 4, 2012
Comments: Will look great with our new TV which we will hang on the wall wireless. The holes for wires inside could be a bit larger giving the remaining componenets better airflow and reducing heat. Other than that, it's a lovely piece of furniture and blends well into our eclectic look.
By Mid Century Modern Fan
On Oct 29, 2012
Comments: From the moment I saw the Anders series for cabinets, I feel in love with them. It is not often that you can find a cabinet with great solid hardwood construction and perfect sliding doors in a simple, clean design. I am still amazed at just how easily the doors slide and also love the minimalist notches for sliding purposes. Yes, it is very expensive but I foresee having this piece for the rest of my life before handing it down to my children!
Anders Media Cabinets
Inspired by the designs of George Nakashima, the Anders media cabinet is handcrafted by Vermont artisans. Functional and beautiful, with mortise-and-tenon joinery, Anders is enhanced by a natural oil-and-wax finish.
Details of Anders 72w 20d 28h Media Cabinet
- Dimensions: 72"w 20"d 28"h
- Floor to Bottom Clearance: 4"h
- Space Between Legs: 56"w
- Case Construction: benchmade solid wood with unfinished wood veneer back
- Drawer Construction: solid wood front; beech sides; dovetail joinery; wood veneer bottom
- Drawer Detail: lacquered interior
- Drawer Interior: (3) 24.5"w 15.5"d 5.5"h
- Door Construction: solid wood frame with non-tempered glass panel
- Door Details: fully adjustable hinges; opens 180 degrees
- Space Behind Doors: (2) 20.5"w 17"d 20"h
- Shelves: two adjustable wood
- Cord Opening: (2) 2.5" diam
- Includes: 4 oz bottle of Satin Wax; anti-tip safety hardware
- Product Origin: made in Vermont
- Material Origin: United States and imported
- Item Number: 265876
- Wood: cherry See full material details
- Finish: oil-and-wax
- Material Description: Cherry adds timeless warmth and character to your room. Even after cherry is harvested and made into furniture, it continues to be a living, breathing material that responds to its environment - it expands and contracts with changes in humidity and also changes color over time as it's exposed to air, sunlight and wear. New cherry ranges in color from light brown with pink undertones to reddish brown and will beautifully darken to a deep, reddish brown over time.