Copenhagen Media Cabinets
The Copenhagen media cabinet combines durable, high-quality veneer with the construction expertise you expect from Room & Board. North Dakota woodworkers hand-select the finest veneer to create Copenhagen's subtle, distinctive detail: notched mitered corners. Modern, functional and effortlessly stylish, Copenhagen will have a place in your home for years to come.
Details of Copenhagen 73w 18d 25h Three-Drawer Media Cabinet
- Dimensions: 73"w 18"d 25"h
- Floor to Bottom Clearance: steel base 3"h or for casters 5"h
- Leg Thickness: 1.5"w
- Open Space: (3) 23.25"w 18"d 9"h
- Case Construction: benchmade wood veneer with finished wood veneer back Construction details
- Drawer Construction: wood veneer front; Baltic birch plywood sides; dovetail joinery; wood veneer bottom
- Drawer Detail: full-extension ball-bearing glides; lacquered interior; 100-lb capacity
- Drawer Interior: (3) 21"w 15"d 4.25"h
- Caster Details: three non-locking; two locking; swivel
- Includes: anti-tip safety hardware
- Product Origin: made in North Dakota
- Material Origin: United States and imported
- Item Number: 015916
- Wood: walnut See full material details
- Finish: lacquer
- Material Description: Walnut adds timeless depth and character to your room. Even after walnut is harvested and made into furniture, it continues to be a living, breathing material that responds to its environment - it expands and contracts with changes in humidity and also changes color over time as it's exposed to air, sunlight and wear. New walnut starts as a dark chocolate brown and beautifully ages to lighter brown or honey color over time.
- Base: natural steel See full material details
- Finish: lacquer
- Material Description: Our natural steel is domestically sourced from 99% recycled raw materials and hand-selected for consistent color and texture. Hand-welding can create unique markings, as well as color change, due to the heating and shaping of the steel. Subtle variations in color, along with the individuality of each craftsmans work, ensure that no two pieces are alike.
- Hardware: aluminum
- Color: black
COPENHAGEN CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
Each Copenhagen piece is constructed one at a time by an expert artisan. The entire case is reinforced with time-tested joinery, built and assembled by hand and then hand sanded and finished before it comes to you as a fully assembled piece. Our commitment to benchmade construction ensures you receive furniture that's built to last a lifetime.
Copenhagen is made entirely of wood veneer. Two different types of wood veneer are used: solid wood veneer for natural woods and wood fiber veneer for white and ebony. Solid wood veneer is created by adhering a thin layer of solid wood to premium grade particle board. Wood fiber veneer employs the same process, but the solid wood is replaced by a thin sheet of recycled wood fibers. Wood fiber veneer’s grain-free surface is specifically designed to be painted.
Wood veneer increases the structural integrity of a piece because it does not expand and contract with seasonal humidity changes like solid wood. Our high quality wood veneers are CARB 2 compliant for low emissions.
A low-sheen lacquer is hand applied to all Copenhagen pieces to seal and protect the surface of the wood veneer. Craftsmen carefully inspect for drips and even application. Solid colors are achieved by adding pigment to the lacquer.
Exterior back panels are left unfinished. You can customize Copenhagen to include a finished back for an additional cost.
Drawers and Glides
Drawer fronts are wood veneer and each is perfectly aligned within the frame. The drawer boxes have Baltic birch plywood sides connected with dovetail joinery and a wood veneer bottom. Ball-bearing glides function smoothly even when the drawer is filled to its 100-pound capacity. Drawer interiors are hand sanded and sealed with lacquer for a smooth, snag-free finish.
Doors, Shelves and Hardware
All doors are wood veneer and precisely inset within the frame. Concealed, fully adjustable hinges open 120 degrees and give you the option to adjust the door alignment for perfect functionality through years of use. Interior latches keep doors securely closed. Wood veneer shelves rest on adjustable steel pins. Optional swiveling locking casters are suitable for hardwood or carpet. We designed the aluminum slab pulls and steel bases exclusively for this collection.
$699 - $1,199
$1,099 - $1,299
$649 - $749
$2,198 - $3,897
$1,099 - $1,299
$599 - $1,049
$899 - $1,799
$1,299 - $1,599
$999 - $1,599
$999 - $1,899
$499 - $679