Arden High Shag Rugs
Our Arden high shag rug is machine woven in Georgia using the finest New Zealand wool that’s been felted for extra softness. It has a modern, textural look with a deep, sink-in soft feel you’ll love to enjoy barefoot. A minimal backing neatly finishes this rug.
Please note that shedding is a natural occurrence in high-quality wool rugs, but will decrease over time. The amount of shedding will depend on the traffic pattern and use of your rug.
Details of Arden Natural High Shag 6'7"x9'10" Rug
- Dimensions: 6'7"w 9'10"l
- Pile Height: 1.5"h
- Edge Detail: clean-cut edge creates a natural profile
- Backing Type: flexible latex secures tufted yarns
- Construction: machine loomed & hand finished See rug construction details
- Consideration: shedding is a natural occurrence, but will decrease over time; most shedding occurs within the first 3-6 months; rug pad recommended for hard floors to protect floor surface, add cushioning and reduce movement
- Material Origin: New Zealand
- Product Origin: made in Georgia
- Item Number: 877426
- Material: 100% felted wool
- Material Detail: Wool is resilient and will bounce back to its original shape after being walked on, perfect for high-traffic areas. It contains lanolin, a natural oil that makes wool stain resistant and flame retardant without chemical treatment. Dirt and debris sit on the outside of the fibers, allowing it to be vacuumed up easily.
- Color: ivory/taupe
MACHINE-LOOMED, HAND-FINISHED RUG CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
Rug Design Process
Long before our rugs are woven, they start as a vision of color, composition and material. We design our rugs with inspiration from art and architecture to historical designs and nature. Every color, pattern and texture is carefully considered to ensure the rugs are both beautiful and easy to live with. We use the highest quality yarns for durability and longevity. Rugs set the foundation for your room and we're committed to bringing you an exclusive collection of colors, styles and textures that will last.
How It's Made
State-of-the-art machines are used to weave the entire rug. Machine looming produces rugs with a uniform look and dense weave at a value. Finishing details are completed primarily by hand.
Machine-loomed rugs are made using computer-controlled tufting needles that quickly push loops of yarn through a primary backing. Expert craftsmen carefully inspect the rug after weaving and fill any gaps with a tufting gun or, in the case of tiny areas, a single-tuft needle. Using a scissors, excess yarns are hand-trimmed from the front, back and edges of the rug. After a final edging, each rug is inspected for size, consistency and overall quality.
A non-allergenic, synthetic latex backing is rolled on by hand after the tufting process to hold the yarns in place. Then a secondary backing material is added to add strength and stability. A final layer of flexible latex is troweled on, to lock the backing system together and create a smooth back.
Get unlimited items delivered by our dedicated Delivery Associates for one flat rate per trip—$89 for local customers within 100 miles of a Room & Board store and $129 for customers who live beyond our local delivery areas within the 48 contiguous states. Unlimited accessories ship for free via UPS (excluding accessories that require in-home delivery).