General Outdoor Upholstery Care
- Flip, rotate and fluff removable cushions regularly to ensure even wear and increase longevity.
- Covering outdoor upholstered furniture when not in use will reduce the need for cleaning.
- During the harsh winter months, cover your outdoor upholstery and, if possible, store it in an enclosed, dry area. This will extend the life of your furniture. Clean before covering and storing.
Outdoor Fabric Cleaning
- For light overall cleaning, brush off loose dirt and rinse with water.
- For spot cleaning, use a sponge or soft bristle brush with a solution of 1/4 cup mild soap per gallon of water. Rinse thoroughly, air dry.
- For persistent stains or mildew, use a sponge or soft bristle brush with a solution of 1 cup bleach and 1/4 cup mild soap per gallon of water. Rinse thoroughly, air dry.
- You may also machine wash or hand wash any removable fabric casings. Use a normal amount of mild soap and 1 cup bleach (if needed). Air dry.
- Do not dry clean or machine dry Sunbrella® fabrics. If ironing is necessary, use the synthetic setting with no steam and test a small, inconspicuous area first.