- Regular cleaning every few weeks will help remove dirt and air pollutants that may pit the surface. Simply rinse with a hose.
- A quick, light application of a car wax once per season can help prevent rust and staining.
- In general, any sign of rust or staining can be easily removed with a metal polish and a scouring pad, such as the one on the back of a kitchen sponge. Gently rub in the direction of the steel grain and follow with a fresh water rinse.
- Stubborn scratches and scuffs can be buffed out with a scouring pad. Gently rub in the direction of the steel grain.
- When used near the ocean, chlorinated water or dense urban areas with higher concentrations of air pollutants, more frequent care and maintenance will be required to extend the life and beauty of the stainless steel. Consider powder-coated finishes in these situations.
Powder-coated Steel and Aluminum
- For regular maintenance, hose off the surface every few weeks.
- Wipe up spills immediately.
- Clean with a damp cloth and mild soap as needed, and follow with a fresh water rinse.
- Avoid abrasive cleaners as they can scratch or dull the surface of your furniture.
- For regular maintenance, hose off the surface periodically and spot clean with a damp cloth.
- To remove hard water spots from your plastic furniture, use a solution of vinegar and water.
- Avoid using products that will dull the surface, such as ethyl alcohol, abrasive solvents, cleaning powders, steel wool or scouring pads.
- To prevent scratches, do not drag objects across the surface of the plastic (even if the plastic has a scratch-resistant finish). Sharp objects can damage the plastic just as they would damage metal or wood.
- Always use a cloth or trivet when placing hot items on the surface.
- Ipe wood will gradually develop a silver patina. Treating the wood minimizes this color change, but isn't required to maintain the wood's durability and resistance to the elements.
- To revitalize ipe's color, treat annually or as needed with a penetrating oil designed for outdoor hardwoods. Take care to treat the exposed end grain of boards. To remove oil drips on the stainless steel frame, wipe the surface promptly with paint thinner and a white rag.
- If you have a winter season, cover ipe furniture or store it indoors to extend its life.
- Reclaimed wood will gradually develop a patina, including natural variations in color.
- Treat reclaimed wood annually or as needed with a penetrating oil designed for outdoor hardwoods.
- If you have a winter season, cover reclaimed wood furniture or store it indoors to extend its life.