- Step 1: Follow Room & Board on Pinterest.
- Step 2: Create a board named Where to Begin? Pin! and categorize it under Home Décor
- Step 3: Pin a photo of the space in your home that needs a little design help
- Step 4: Pin your favorite accessories from Room & Board's Where to Begin? Accessories! pinboard and add #roomandboard in the comments of each image
To enter your board in the Competition, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- A hyperlink to your board
- Your first and last name
- Your city, state and ZIP Code
- Your date of birth
- A description of that so-so space in your home and why it needs a finishing touch (maximum of 150 words)
- An explanation of the inspiration behind your selection of the Room & Board products on your board (maximum of 150 words)
The Competition runs 10/1/12 through 10/31/12. No purchase necessary. Void in Arizona, Colorado and Vermont and where prohibited by law. Eligibility restrictions apply. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Pinterest. See Official Rules below for details.
No purchase necessary to enter or win
1. Sponsor: The Competition is sponsored by Room & Board, Inc. ("Room & Board") located at 4600 Olson Memorial Highway, Minneapolis, MN 55422. This Competition is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with Pinterest.
2. Eligibility: Entrants must be individual persons, and not entities, businesses, or organizations. The Competition is only open to legal residents living in the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Arizona, Colorado, and Vermont), who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry and located in the United States at time of entry. The Competition is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void in Arizona, Colorado, and Vermont and where otherwise prohibited by law. Employees of Room & Board and their immediate families (spouse, parent, sibling, child, and spouse of any of the foregoing) and those living in their immediate households, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter the Competition or to win a prize.
3. Entry Period: The entry period for the Competition begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time on October 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Central Time on October 31, 2012 ("Entry Period"). Entries will be accepted by Room & Board via email as specified in these Official Rules. Entries received before or after the Entry Period will not be considered.
4. How to Enter: To enter the Competition, complete the following steps:
- A. Login to Your Account on Pinterest.
Visit www.pinterest.com. If you are a member of Pinterest, log into your Pinterest account. If you are not a member of Pinterest, send an email to email@example.com and an invitation from Room & Board will be sent to the email address provided by you. Only one email request per person is permitted. Pinterest membership is not guaranteed by Room & Board.
- B. Follow Room & Board.
Once logged into Pinterest, "follow" Room & Board on Pinterest.
- C. Create Your Board.
- Create a pinboard named "Where to Begin? Pin!" (without the quotes) and categorize it under "home décor;"
- Pin to your "Where to Begin? Pin!" pinboard one photo of that "so-so" space in your home in need of finishing touches; and
- Pin to your "Where to Begin? Pin!" pinboard products from Room & Board's Where to Begin? Accessories! pinboard (www.pinterest.com/roomandboard/where-to-begin-accessories) that you believe will enhance that "so-so" space in your home (collectively, the "Board"). In the comments of each pinned product on your Board add: #roomandboard.
- D. Enter Your Board Into the Competition
Once you have completed your Board, send an email within the Entry Period to firstname.lastname@example.org that has all of the following:
- A hyperlink to your Board;
- Your first and last name
- Your city, state, and ZIP code
- Your date of birth
- A description of that so-so space in your home in need of that finishing touch and why it needs a finishing touch (maximum of 150 words); and
- An explanation of the inspiration behind your selection of Room & Board products on your Board (maximum of 150 words) (collectively, the "Submission").
Each entrant may enter only one Submission into the Competition. Only one Board per Submission is permitted. The judges will review each Board as it exists on www.pinterest.com at the time of judging. Room & Board is not responsible for revisions to or removal of a Board after it is entered into the Competition. All Submissions must be submitted via email. Proof of entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Room & Board. Mailed or hard copy Submissions will not be accepted. All Submissions must be in the English language. Incomplete Submissions and Submissions not in compliance with these Official Rules will be void. If you enter the Competition and are discovered to be under the age of 18 or a resident of Arizona, Colorado, and Vermont, your Submission will be disqualified. Submissions must be received by Room & Board during the Entry Period to be considered. By entering a Submission, you give your express permission to Room & Board to collect and store any personally identifiable information that you may provide to Room & Board as part of the Competition.
5. Rights Definition: As used in these Official Rules, the term "Rights" shall mean rights of copyright, patent rights, trademark and service mark rights, publicity rights, trade secret rights, character rights, rights in routines, trade dress rights, and all other proprietary rights of any kind whatsoever, together with any and all applications, registrations, renewal and extension rights, and rights to sue for any past, present, or future infringement or violation.
6. Originality of Submissions: Each entrant must have all Rights in and to his/her Submission as of the time of entry to the Competition. By entering a Submission each entrant represents and warrants that: (a) the Submission is his/her original work of authorship, creation or invention; (b) he/she is the exclusive owner of the Rights related to the Submission, or he/she has written permission from the owner of such Rights to: (i) enter such Submission in this Competition; and (ii) to grant to Room & Board all rights necessary to use the Submission in the Competition; (c) no other person or entity, is entitled to any payment for the use of the Submission; (d) he/she has obtained from anyone identified or depicted in the Submission (or the parent or guardian of any child identified or depicted) all permission necessary to grant Room & Board the rights granted herein; and (e) he/she has obtained from the owner of the related Rights, all permission necessary for the inclusion and use in the Competition of any graphics, artwork, or other items or elements that appear in the Submission. The foregoing representations and warranties do not apply to Room & Board products selected for a Board. A Submission must not have been, and may not be, entered in any other competition or previously published. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party's preexisting work does not qualify as an entrant's original creation. Each entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Room & Board from and against all claims or damages arising out of the use of such entrant's Submission. Room & Board reserves the right to void and/or disqualify any Submission if found in Room & Board's sole discretion to be inconsistent with the above representations and warranties, plagiarized, copied, or fraudulent, to infringe upon existing Rights of others, or to be incomplete, damaged, obscene, vulgar, offensive, promoting a particular political agenda, promoting illegal drugs or firearms/weapons, or otherwise unsuitable for any reason as determined in Room & Board's sole discretion.
7. Use of Submissions: By entering a Submission, each entrant hereby grants to Room & Board an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, unlimited, nonexclusive, sub-licensable, unrestricted right and license to: (i) use, review, reproduce, modify, distribute, publicly display, perform publicly, commercialize and create derivative works of the Submission, in whole or in part, in all media now existing or later developed, without expectation of compensation or acknowledgement (other than the prize, if any, that is awarded as set forth in these Official Rules). Room & Board shall have no obligation to make attribution with respect to the Submission, retain any of the Submissions, or maintain any information or ideas contained therein, as confidential or proprietary.
8. Right to Use Name, Likeness, and Other Identifying Information: By entering a Submission, each entrant hereby irrevocably consents to the unlimited reproduction, distribution, display, performance, and other use by Room & Board and its respective successors and assigns of his/her name; image; likeness; voice; Submission; biographical information; statements and quotes; stories and anecdotes provided; all of his/her other personal or commercial attributes or identifying features; and any interior or exterior photographs or other depictions of the entrant's home or office, which may or may not contain images of the entrant's family, friends, or pets (each, a "Likeness"), for any purposes directly or indirectly related to this Competition, and in any format or medium now existing or later developed. Each entrant hereby waives any and all rights of publicity and rights of privacy associated with Room & Board's use of a Likeness. Room & Board may, in its sole discretion, and without providing notice to or receiving consent from an entrant, modify, change, adapt, or otherwise alter a Likeness. Entrants shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of a Likeness. The rights granted under this paragraph are without compensation or notification to the entrant of any kind, except as required by law, and shall extend to all Submissions, all other materials submitted by entrant, and all other materials developed in connection with the Competition, regardless of whether they are developed by the entrant or another person or entity.
9. Room & Board's Control over Submissions; Background Check. Each Submission must be in good taste and consistent with Room & Board's positive image and may not be offensive or inappropriate, as determined by Room & Board in its sole discretion. No Submission may infringe or otherwise violate the Rights or privacy of any person (living or deceased) or entity. All entrants and Submissions are subject to verification by Room & Board. Room & Board reserves the right to conduct background checks on any or all entrants, which may include, without limitation, civil, criminal, employment, education, and financial background checks. Room & Board reserves the right to disqualify any entrant based on such background checks if Room & Board determine in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to any such entrant might reflect negatively on Room & Board. Entrants will cooperate with Room & Board and its representatives in connection with any and all verification and background check activities, including, without limitation, signing and delivering background check authorizations.
10. Judging and Winner Selection. Competition judges will consist of a panel of Room & Board staff. From approximately November 1, 2012 to November 6, 2012 the Competition judges will judge each Submission using the following criteria, each weighted in equal percentages: (a) adherence to Competition requirements and rules; (b) the overall aesthetic appeal of the improved "so-so" space on the Board; and (c) the creativity of the description and explanations in the Submission (the "Judging Criteria"). The judges will review each Board as it exists on www.pinterest.com at the time of judging. Room & Board is not responsible for revisions to or removal of a Board after it is entered into the Competition. The Competition judges shall select as winners the five (5) Submissions receiving the highest total score. In the event of a tie, the tied Submissions will be re-evaluated against each other by the Competition judges based on the Judging Criteria until the tie is broken. Each potential winner will be notified by Room & Board via e-mail on or about November 7, 2012. If a potential winner chooses not to accept the prize, or does not respond before November 12, 2012 to three separate attempts by Room & Board to reach the potential winner, the Submission receiving the next highest total score will be selected as a new potential winner. In the event of a tie in this instance, the tied Submissions will be re-evaluated against each other by the Competition judges based on the Judging Criteria until the tie is broken. Room & Board is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners. As a condition to being selected as the winners of the Competition, the potential winners may be required to execute a winner's agreement (the "Winner's Agreement") within five (5) days after being notified of their selection as a potential winner. The Winner's Agreement will contain, among other things, an affidavit of eligibility, releases, provisions concerning the prize, and a privacy waiver. The winners will be announced after they are selected.
11. Prizes: Five (5) prizes will be awarded as set forth above. Each of the five (5) winners will be awarded a $1,000 Room & Board Gift Card. Approximate Retail Value: $1,000. Gift card must be redeemed in accordance with terms specified by issuer. Additional restrictions, limitations, and exclusions may apply. The prizes are not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash. No cash redemption and no prize substitutions are permitted, except by Room & Board which reserves the right to change or replace the prizes with prizes of comparable or greater value at any time.
12. Taxes and Documentation: All federal, state, and local taxes on the monetary value of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Room & Board will file a 1099 tax statement with the IRS. The winners will be required to sign and provide to Room & Board a W-9 form; and failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize.
13. General Conditions. PURCHASE OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OFFERED BY ROOM & BOARD OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. By participating in the Competition, entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Room & Board and the judges, which will be final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Competition. Should there be a dispute regarding who may have entered a Submission, that Submission will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the e-mail account at the time the Submission was sent to Room & Board. The authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. By participating in the Competition, entrants release, acquit, and forever discharge Room & Board (and Room & Board's affiliates and subsidiaries) and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all manner of action or actions, suits, claims, damages, judgments, levies and executions, whether known or unknown, liquidated or unliquidated, fixed, contingent, direct or indirect, which an entrant and his/her successors and assigns ever had, has, or may have, or claim to have against the Released Parties, for, upon, or by reason of any matter, act, or thing relating to the Competition. Room & Board may modify, suspend, or terminate the Competition at any time, and for any reason that it may determine in its sole discretion. Room & Board reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant, and remove such entrant's Submission from the Competition, who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Competition, or causes another to do so, or who acts in violation of these Official Rules or any applicable law or regulation. Room & Board reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at any time during the Competition. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE COMPETITION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ROOM & BOARD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
15. Disputes/Choice of Law. Each entrant agrees that the Competition shall be governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota and: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Competition shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Hennepin County, Minnesota; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"); and (4) each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages. Under no circumstances shall Room & Board's aggregate liability to any entrant of the Competition exceed One Dollar ($1.00).
16. Winners' List. To request the name of the winners, send a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to "Where to Begin? Pin!" Design Competition c/o Room & Board, Inc., 4600 Olson Memorial Highway, Minneapolis, MN 55422. Requests must be received prior to November 1, 2012.