Design Associate Role Description
A Room & Board Design Associate inspires our customers and gives them the confidence they need to create homes they love. Design Associates are problem solvers by nature and enjoy working in a solution-based relationship with the Room & Board customer that ultimately drives sales. The skill set, passions and responsibilities are the same whether the Design Associate works in a store or in our Shop From Home environment.
- As a brand ambassador, build meaningful connections with customers and deepen their appreciation for Room & Board's design point of view.
- Incorporate the customer's personal style/tastes through solution-based selling—lead with questions, listen and leverage the assortment in creative ways.
- Be both proactive and professional when communicating with customers (e.g. product availability, post order follow-up, problem resolution, etc.).
- Build rich personal connections with customers and maintain relationships with them by providing ongoing guidance and meaningful product recommendations. Create portfolios as a meaningful customer tool that will ultimately guide their purchase decisions.
- Help to shape product assortment based on customer input.
- Leverage technology to enhance the customer experience.
- Maintain strong knowledge of the product assortment and its varied capabilities.
- Demonstrate a passion for mid-century design and continuously look for ways to strengthen knowledge base. Share experiences with others.
- Build partnerships with the location Visual Associate as well as the broader market to create a seamless experience for customers.
Attributes Meaningful to Success in the Role
- Experience in relationships-based selling environments.
- Comfort with sales goal accountability.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Design confidence.
- Proactive and creative problem resolution ability.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Passion for the Room & Board esthetic.
- Ability to work weekends.
- Space planning ability.