Retail Market Manager
Our managers are autonomous and eagerly take full ownership for their results while at the same time building collaborative professional relationships with others in the organization whose success is tied to theirs, and ultimately to the customer experience.
Create an extraordinary experience for every customer at all points of interaction.
- Cultivate a culture of rich personal connections where each and every staff member is engaged and attentive to the needs of the customer.
- Empower team members to make decisions in the best interest of the customer consistent with Room & Board's Customer Experience Guide.
- Build a team that is both confident in solution-based selling and passionate about design for today.
- Understand and leverage how your customers relate to Room & Board's multi-channel experience.
- Inspire a rich personal connection to the Room & Board brand that continues to create a growing base of loyal customers.
- Leverage market partnerships to inspire a continuous drive for improvement.
Leverage Room & Board's assortment to meet your customer's needs and maximize the selling floor.
- Ensure a well-executed floor plan and floor change.
- Understand Room & Board's design philosophy and weave your understanding into all dimensions of the showroom experience.
- Understand customer product needs through your staff members' interactions with the customer.
- Ensure a continuous flow of product by leveraging ROP/SS to meet more customers' needs.
- Leverage customer feedback, on behalf of Product Team, to continue to build an assortment that will meet customers' needs.
- Leverage your Triangle Team to maximize showroom presentation throughout the year that will ultimately drive sales.
Cultivate a deep understanding of your customer.
- Understand how your customers relate to Room & Board's multi-channel experience.
- Understand the customers in your market, how they live and where they shop for home furnishings.
- Stay abreast of trends that affect your market.
- Create meaningful store events or event sponsorships that provide opportunities for us to deepen connections with existing customers and reach new customers.
Within those factors that you control, take full accountability for the financial success of your location.
- Take a proactive role in the planning process and within acceptable ranges, forecast market sales, location headcount/salary plans and all controllable expenses.
- Develop a strategic business plan that adjusts to the changing needs of your market.
- Maintain inventory integrity and the proper levels of product to support the customer experience.
- Protect company assets.
- Take a proactive posture in driving sales to meet/exceed established sales plans.
Create a welcoming environment for both customers and staff members with regard to overall facility.
- Inspire your team to actively engage in maintaining a functional, clean, and organized facility.
- Manage the safety and security of your facility.
- Proactively leverage the Facility Team and all outside service providers to keep your facility in top condition.
- Maintain a level of fiscal responsibility in the functionality and presentation of your facility.