- Handcrafted in Florida
- GREENGUARD certified materials
- Range of privacy levels available
- Stainless steel pull chain
- Decorative brackets available in five finishes
- Each shade is hung and tested prior to shipping
- 4" valances hide the control mechanism using the same fabric as the shade
- When ordered as an outside mount, please note valance will be 1" wider than ordering width due to returns and will also be
3 7/8" deep overall
- Additional cost
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are the solar materials fire rated?
Our Solar Shade materials are fire rated and certified.
- What is so special about your Solar Shades?
Each Solar Shade is individually hung and tested to ensure proper size, functionality and overall appearance. We use the best components
available to ensure your shades operate smoothly.
- I'd like to maintain my view. Is this shade a good choice for me?
Unlike Roman Shades that fold and stack when opened, our Roller Shades and Solar Shades roll around a tube, blocking very little of the
window. If maintaining your view is a concern even when the shades are down, we offer fabrics with varying levels of sheerness (order
swatches to see the fabrics in your space).
- What is the difference between inside mount and outside mount?
Inside Mount: mounted within the window frame.
Outside: mounted to the wall, ceiling or molding surface surrounding the window.
- What is the difference between Regular Roll and Reverse Roll for Solar and Roller Shades?
Regular Roll: Material falls from the back of the roll, allowing material to sit closer to the casing on outside mount or glass on inside mount.
Reverse Roll: Material falls from the front of the roll, for a finished look without a valance.
- What is GREENGUARD Certified?
The GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certification Program gives assurance that products designed for use in indoor spaces meet strict chemical emissions limits, which contribute to the creation of healthier interiors.
- What is Microban?
Antimicrobial protection to inhibit the growth of bacteria, mold and mildew that can cause stains, odors and degrade the fabric.
- What is OEKO-TEX®?
The European testing and certification system of the OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 satisfies the many and varied requirements consumers make of modern textile products and at the same time take into account the complex production conditions in the textile industry. OEKO-TEX® is a reliable product label for consumers who specifically aim to buy textiles which are harmless to health.
- What kinds of fabrics would you suggest for a humid environment like a bathroom?
Our Solar Shades feature Microban to help protect against bacteria, mold and mildew.
- Is it possible to cancel or change an order once it is placed?
Because production of your Custom Window Treatments begins immediately upon receiving your order, we are not able to accommodate
changes or cancellations once the order is placed.
- What is a "mistake discount"?
In the event you've measured incorrectly or need a different color, we offer a 50% discount on your replacement order for the same
product on the same window when placed within 30 days of the original order.
- Are the window coverings safe around my children?
Window treatments that feature pull cords or continuous loop chains include a cord cleat or tension device that secures to the wall. These safety features are required to be delivered and installed with each window treatment.
- How should I care for my Custom Window Treatments?
Roller and Solar Shades and Wood Blinds can be dusted with a dry cloth. Professional, on-site cleaning is recommended for fabrics and for stains on any window treatment.
- Where are your products made?
Our Custom Window Treatments are handcrafted in Florida and Minnesota.
- Mounted within the window frame
- Provides a clean, built-in look
- Great way to leave attractive woodwork exposed
- If your window frame isn't deep enough, please select outside mount
See mounting chart
- Mounted to the wall, ceiling or molding surrounding the window
- Select this option when there is not enough depth for an inside mount
See mounting chart
- Often used to make the window appear larger or to hide a less attractive window
|Roller + Solar Shades||Minimum depth |
|Minimum depth |
for flush mount
|Minimum space for outside mount|
|w/ no valance||3/4"||2 1/4"||2 1/4"|
|w/ upholstered valance||1 1/4"||3"||2 1/4"|
|w/ upholstered valance*||1 3/4"||3 7/8"||2 1/4"|
*Larger valances are used for thicker materials and/or extra long shades. All outside mounted roller shades with upholstered valances will come in the larger size.
Please note: Some roller materials may have maximum widths. For shades wider than the fabric width, it may be necessary to split the area into multiple shades side by side. In this case, multiple shades under one valance may be possible. Contact us at 800.301.9720 for special requests.
Measuring for Inside Mount
Step 1: Print measurement worksheet
Step 2: Measure the inside width at the top of the window. This is your ordering width. We will make the necessary deductions (approximately 1/8").
Step 3: Measure the height at three locations—the left side, middle and right side. Record the largest of the three measurements. This is your ordering length.
Note: Roller and Solar shade fabrics will be approximately 1 1/4" narrower than your ordering width to allow for brackets. For maximum light blockage, please select outside mount.
Measuring for Outside Mount
Step 1: Print measurement worksheet
Step 2: Measure the width of the area to
be covered. For maximum light blockage, add 3" to 4" (1 1/2" to 2" per side) to your measurement. This is your ordering width, and will be the overall measurement from the outside edges of the brackets.
Step 3: Measure the height of the area to be covered. This is your ordering length.
Note: Your shade fabric will be 1 1/4" narrower than the measurement you provide to allow for brackets. If you need the fabric to cover a specific width, add 1 1/4" to your ordering width.
Note: For shades with an upholstered valance, the valance will be 1" wider than the shade measurement.
Watch our video for tips on how to measure for inside mount solar shades
Watch our video for tips on how to measure for outside mount solar shades
- Controls can be placed on right or left side of the shade
- Consider any obstacles that may interfere with shade operation (door handle, window latch, furniture placement, etc.)
Brackets are available in your choice of five finishes: white, chrome, nickel, bronze or black.
- Fabric falls from the back of the roll
- Allows shade to remain close to casing on outside mount (or glass
on inside mount)
- Fabric falls from the front of the roll
- Provides a finished look without a valance
- Allows for additional clearance
Optional Feature: Upholstered Valance
- 4" upholstered valance helps hide control mechanism
- Made from same material as selected shade
- When ordered as an outside mount, please note valance will be 1" wider than ordering width due to returns and will also be 3 7/8" deep overall
- Additional cost
Upholstered valance for inside mounted shade
Upholstered valance for outside mounted shade