Perfect for high-traffic areas or for outdoors, Sequence effortlessly combines the durability of hand-woven polyester with distinctive, modern design. The flat weave makes it easy to move chairs or open doors over the rug. A flexible backing prevents edges from curling and helps the rug hold its shape.See the full Sequence collection
The company is India's leading producer and exporter of hand-knotted, hand-tufted and flat-woven rugs. Skilled weavers use their artistry to create rugs of lasting beauty and durability. Socially and environmentally, Obeetee’s practices are the gold standard in the industry. In addition to providing high compensation and favorable working conditions, the company supports local school systems.
Details of Sequence 5'x8' Rug
- Dimensions: 5'w 8'l
- Features: non-shedding; ideal for high-traffic areas
- Pile Height: .25"h
- Edge Detail: folded under and secured
- Backing: flexible latex, for securing yarns and creating a smooth back
- Construction: flat weave; hand-woven Construction details
- Consideration: rug pad recommended for hard floors to protect floor surface, add cushioning and reduce movement Shop rug pads
- Product Origin: made in India
- Material Origin: imported
- Item Number: 292055
- See all photos
- Material: polyester
- Color: ivory/grey
- Material Description: Our polyester yarns are soft and feel comfortable underfoot. Polyester takes dye easily, so colors stay vibrant and resist fading. Our polyester rugs can be used indoors or outdoors, and are easy to clean.
HAND-WOVEN RUG CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
Rug Design Process
Long before our rugs are woven, they start as a vision of color, composition and material. We design our rugs with inspiration from art and architecture to historical designs and nature. Every color, pattern and texture is carefully considered to ensure the rugs are both beautiful and easy to live with. We use the highest quality yarns for durability and longevity. Rugs set the foundation for your room and we're committed to bringing you an exclusive collection of colors, styles and textures that will last.
How It's Made
Experienced weavers use an upright or hand loom and traditional techniques to make hand-woven rugs and they can complete from four to seven inches per day. Artisans are able to produce a variety of textures and patterns, from flat weave to plush.
Hand-woven rugs are made on a loom, using warp (vertical) yarns that are tightly interwoven with weft (horizontal) yarns. The weft strands cover the warp and determine the color that is visible, creating the rug's pattern. A number of weaving techniques are used and chosen based on the type of pattern, texture or design required. Many of the methods have been in use for hundreds, or even thousands, of years.
Hand-woven rugs do not require a backing because the strands are secured through the weaving process. An array of washing techniques are used, each of which achieves a different effect. Our hand-woven rugs are hand-finished and every rug goes through a range of quality inspections, looking for consistency in size, yarn quality, pile height and shearing.