Born from our partnership with the USDA Forest Service and the city of Baltimore, the Montford picture ledge is a beautiful example of sustainability in action. We’ve reclaimed wood that would have otherwise been taken to a landfill to create truly unique pieces of sustainable furniture for your home. The pine for this ledge is salvaged from wall studs of row houses in Baltimore, with some of the wood panels dating back to the 1800s. Keyhole mounts make it easy to install this piece of history in your home.
The pine and Douglas fir lumber used in these pieces comes from vacant rowhomes, barns and other sites on the East Coast, which are meticulously deconstructed through a Baltimore program that hires people with barriers to employment. Much of the reclaimed wood is originally from eastern old-growth forests; it was harvested and used for building projects more than a century ago.
Details of Montford 36w 3.5d 1.7h Reclaimed Wood Picture Ledge
- Dimensions: 36"w 3.5"d 2"h
- Wall Mounting: flush mounting hardware
- Installation: built-in keyhole notch; hangs on anchored screw
- Includes: screws, drywall anchors
- Weight Capacity: 20 lbs
- Considerations: if mounting to a surface other than drywall, alternative hardware may be necessary; consult a professional with questions
- Care: wipe with damp cloth, dry immediately
- Product Origin: made in Pennsylvania
- Material Origin: United States
- Item Number: 953678
- See all photos
- Material: reclaimed pine
- Material Description: Reclaimed pine adds natural texture, color and grain patterns that complement other finishes and materials. Salvaged from U.S. barns, row houses and other sites on the East Coast, the unique markings on each board show the history of its former use and can include knots, small splits, iron stains and nail holes. Because of its age, minimal color change will occur.
- Finish: lacquer