8x10 Off-Center Frame
5x7 Centered Frame
5x7 Off-Center Frame
Create a dramatic display with Manhattan Box frames. Hand-welded in a family-owned metalworking shop in Minnesota, these frames are large in scale and add sculptural dimension to a room. With the distinctive marks, texture and significant color variations characteristic of natural steel, no two frames are exactly alike. Manhattan Box frames are designed to be hung vertically or horizontally. Stunning when used solo, they also look striking when mounted as part of a wall gallery.See the full Manhattan Box collection
This Minneapolis workshop is run by a brother-and-sister duo that carry on their family tradition of superior steel craftsmanship. Skilled metalworkers drill, form and weld carefully selected materials to create beautiful, durable steel pieces.
- Construction: hand-welded with laser-cut opening; glass insert
- Features: hangs horizontal or vertical; three hanging positions
- Installation: built-in notch provides stability, hangs on nail or screw
- Includes: screw, drywall anchor
- Considerations: if mounting to a surface other than drywall, alternative hardware may be necessary; consult a professional with questions
- Care: wipe with damp cloth, dry immediately; clean insert with glass cleaner sprayed onto cloth
- Product Origin: made in Minnesota
- Material Origin: United States
- Item Numbers: 8332098x10 Off-Center Frame (20"w 3"d 20"h)4831065x7 Centered Frame (13"w 3"d 13"h)3633155x7 Off-Center Frame (13"w 3"d 13"h)
- See all photos
- Material: natural steel
- Finish: lacquer
- Material Description: Our recycled natural steel is sustainably sourced in the U.S. from 99% recycled raw materials and hand-selected for consistent color and texture. Hand-welding can create unique markings, as well as color change, due to the heating and shaping of the steel. Subtle variations in color, along with the individuality of each craftsperson's work, ensure that no two pieces are alike.
Receive unlimited items for only $99 within 100 miles of our stores or $139 anywhere else in the contiguous United States. Plus enjoy free UPS shipping on hundreds of select items. Learn more: www.roomandboard.com/delivery
List of parts
- Manhattan Box Frame
- common nail
- Place the frame face down on a flat, protected surface.
- Remove the thin steel bars from the back board of the frame, and then slide the back board from the frame. (Figure 1)
- Position your image in the mat window opening. Optional: Secure image with tape to keep it from shifting.
- Insert the backing board into the frame.
- Hammer the nail 3/4 of the way into desired wall location and hang frame so it's flush against the wall, positioning frame on built-in notch for extra stability.