Woven in the U.S. from felted New Zealand wool, our Hastings rug has a deep, luxurious pile that feels incredibly plush underfoot. Along with excellent comfort and an approachable style, Hastings’ tonal colors allow the heathered texture to shine.See the full Hastings collection
A husband-and-wife team runs this small business located in northwest Georgia’s mill country. Experienced rug makers rely on both hand craftsmanship and technology to produce rugs of exceptional quality and consistency.
Details of Hastings 6'x9' Rug
- Dimensions: 6'w 9'l
- Pile Height: 1"h
- Edge Detail: clean-cut edge creates a natural profile
- Backing: flexible latex, for securing yarns and creating a smooth back
- Construction: machine loomed & hand finished Construction details
- Consideration: shedding is a natural occurrence, but will decrease over time; most shedding occurs within the first 3-6 months; rug pad recommended for hard floors to protect floor surface, add cushioning and reduce movement Shop rug pads
- Product Origin: made in Georgia
- Material Origin: United States and imported
- Item Number: 218921
- See all photos
- Material: 100% wool
- Color: stone
- Material Description: Wool is an ideal rug fiber because it's resilient enough to bounce back to its original shape after being walked on, making it a smart choice for high-traffic areas. Wool contains lanolin, a natural oil that makes wool both stain resistant and flame retardant without chemical treatment. This means dirt and debris sit on the outside of the fibers, allowing it to be vacuumed up easily. Pure wool rugs will shed noticeably for the first few months and will diminish over time.
- Material: 100% wool
- Color: stone
- Colors may vary depending on your monitor and printer. For color accuracy, request a swatch.
Receive unlimited items for only $99 within 100 miles of our stores or $139 anywhere else in the contiguous United States. Plus enjoy free UPS shipping on hundreds of select items. Learn more: www.roomandboard.com/delivery
MACHINE-LOOMED, HAND-FINISHED RUG CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
Rug Design Process
Long before our rugs are woven, they start as a vision of color, composition and material. We design our rugs with inspiration from art and architecture to historical designs and nature. Every color, pattern and texture is carefully considered to ensure the rugs are both beautiful and easy to live with. We use the highest quality yarns for durability and longevity. Rugs set the foundation for your room and we're committed to bringing you an exclusive collection of colors, styles and textures that will last.
How It's Made
State-of-the-art machines are used to weave the entire rug. Machine looming produces rugs with a uniform look and dense weave at a value. Finishing details are completed primarily by hand.
Machine-loomed rugs are made using computer-controlled tufting needles that quickly push loops of yarn through a primary backing. Expert craftsmen carefully inspect the rug after weaving and fill any gaps with a tufting gun or, in the case of tiny areas, a single-tuft needle. Using a scissors, excess yarns are hand-trimmed from the front, back and edges of the rug. After a final edging, each rug is inspected for size, consistency and overall quality.
A non-allergenic, synthetic latex backing is rolled on by hand after the tufting process to hold the yarns in place. Then a secondary backing material is added to add strength and stability. A final layer of flexible latex is troweled on, to lock the backing system together and create a smooth back.