Classic design and versatile options make our Woodwind storage collection a timeless addition to your home. Crafted by Pennsylvania woodworkers from solid wood and the highest quality wood veneer, Woodwind offers the look of a built-in no matter your space, providing you with an ideal storage piece to display your most treasured personal items. And with an array of shapes and sizes, you can find your exact solution within Woodwind.See the full Woodwind collection
Details of Woodwind 70w 12d 30h Console Bookcase
- Dimensions: 70"w 12"d 30"h
- Open Space: (2) 16.5"w 11"d 25.5"h; (1) 29.75"w 11"d 25.5"h
- Case Construction: benchmade solid wood and wood veneer with unfinished wood veneer back Construction details
- Shelves: three adjustable wood
- Includes: anti-tip safety hardware
- Product Origin: made in Pennsylvania
- Material Origin: United States
- Item Number: 945424
- See all photos
- Wood: walnut
- Finish: lacquer
- Material Description: Walnut adds timeless depth and character to your room. Even after walnut is harvested and made into furniture, it continues to be a living, breathing material that responds to its environment - it expands and contracts with changes in humidity and also changes color over time as it's exposed to air, sunlight and wear. New walnut starts as a dark chocolate brown and beautifully ages to lighter brown or honey color over time.
- Wood: walnut
- Finish: lacquer
- Colors may vary depending on your monitor and printer. For color accuracy, request a swatch.
Receive unlimited items for only $99 within 100 miles of our stores or $139 anywhere else in the contiguous United States. Plus enjoy free UPS shipping on hundreds of select items. Learn more: www.roomandboard.com/delivery
WOODWIND CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
Each Woodwind piece is constructed one at a time by an expert artisan. The entire case is reinforced with time-tested joinery, built and assembled by hand and then hand sanded and finished before it comes to you as a fully assembled piece. Our commitment to benchmade construction ensures you receive furniture that's built to last a lifetime.
We source our solid woods within the U.S., which has some of the strictest forestry standards in the world. Every board is hand selected for color consistency and strategically placed to create a cohesive appearance. The natural markings of the wood make each Woodwind piece one of a kind. The Woodwind collection features solid wood frames, drawer fronts and bases.
Wood Veneer Reinforcement
Woodwind pieces have wood veneer tops, sides, interior panels, drawer boxes, doors and bottom panels. The wood veneer exterior back panels are unfinished. Woodwind’s wood veneer is made by applying a layer of solid wood to durable medium density fiberboard (MDF). This combination of materials increases structural integrity because it doesn’t expand or contract with seasonal humidity changes like solid wood. Our wood veneers are the best quality in the industry and CARB 2 compliant for low emissions.
Woodwind is available in a beautiful range of natural and stained woods. Stain colors are meticulously applied by hand and layered until the perfect color is achieved. A clear low-sheen lacquer is used on both natural and stained woods to protect and seal the surface. Regardless of your material selection, the grain of the wood is allowed to show through for a natural look.
Drawers and Glides
For Woodwind cabinets that include drawers, the drawer fronts are solid wood and perfectly aligned within the frame of the piece. The drawer boxes have Baltic birch plywood sides connected with dovetail joinery and a wood veneer bottom. Ball-bearing glides function smoothly even when the drawer is filled to its 100-pound capacity. Drawer interiors are hand sanded for a smooth feel and left unfinished.
Doors, Shelves and Hardware
Woodwind's wood veneer shelves rest on adjustable steel pins. For Woodwind cabinets that include doors, all doors are wood veneer and precisely inset within the frame. Concealed, fully adjustable hinges open 110 degrees and give you the option to adjust the door alignment for perfect functionality through years of use. The modern steel knobs are handcrafted exclusively for Room & Board.