Heathered yarns give our Alder rug a rich, dimensional look, while the hand-tufted construction gives you a great value. The low pile and synthetic latex backing make Alder a great choice for high-traffic areas.
Please note that shedding is a natural occurrence in high-quality wool rugs, but will decrease over time. The amount of shedding will depend on the traffic pattern and use of your rug.See the full Alder collection
The company is India's leading producer and exporter of hand-knotted, hand-tufted and flat-woven rugs. Skilled weavers use their artistry to create rugs of lasting beauty and durability. Socially and environmentally, Obeetee’s practices are the gold standard in the industry. In addition to providing high compensation and favorable working conditions, the company supports local school systems.
Details of Alder 8'x10' Rug
- Dimensions: 8'w 10'l
- Features: ideal for high-traffic areas
- Pile Height: .5"h
- Edge Detail: self-bound with matching yarns
- Backing: flexible latex, for securing yarns and creating a smooth back
- Construction: hand-tufted Construction details
- Density: 30 yarns per square inch
- Consideration: shedding is a natural occurrence, but will decrease over time; most shedding occurs within the first 3-6 months; rug pad recommended for hard floors to protect floor surface, add cushioning and reduce movement Shop rug pads
- Product Origin: made in India
- Material Origin: imported
- Item Number: 541033
- See all photos
- Material: 100% wool
- Color: indigo
- Material Description: Wool is an ideal rug fiber because it's resilient enough to bounce back to its original shape after being walked on, making it a smart choice for high-traffic areas. Wool contains lanolin, a natural oil that makes wool both stain resistant and flame retardant without chemical treatment. This means dirt and debris sit on the outside of the fibers, allowing it to be vacuumed up easily. Pure wool rugs will shed noticeably for the first few months and will diminish over time.
HAND-TUFTED RUG CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
Rug Design Process
Long before our rugs are woven, they start as a vision of color, composition and material. We design our rugs with inspiration from art and architecture to historical designs and nature. Every color, pattern and texture is carefully considered to ensure the rugs are both beautiful and easy to live with. We use the highest quality yarns for durability and longevity. Rugs set the foundation for your room and we're committed to bringing you an exclusive collection of colors, styles and textures that will last.
How It's Made
Hand tufting is a faster method of producing rugs than hand knotting or hand weaving. Skilled artisans can tuft about 10 inches per day and their expertise shows in the consistent quality of the pattern produced.
A hand-tufting tool is used to insert loops of yarn through a fabric backing. Depending on the rug's design, a cut or looped pile can be made with this method. The resulting pile is neat and uniform.
A flexible, synthetic latex backing is hand applied after the tufting process to hold the yarns in place, giving the rugs a clean, finished back.