The Smart Ocean chair brings intuitive comfort to your office with a sustainable backstory. The chair’s back frame is crafted from nearly 2 pounds of recycled fishing nets that would otherwise harm ocean ecosystems. The Smart Ocean chair automatically adjusts the angle of recline as you move naturally, providing support without the use of knobs and levers. Its frameless front edge eliminates contact stress behind the knees, while the arms move with the backrest for dynamic support, making it easier than ever to achieve comfort while you work.
Details of Smart? Ocean Office Chair
- Dimensions: 26"w 26"d 39-44"h
- Armrest Height: 5"-10"h
- Seat Height: 16-21"h
- Armrest Details: adjustable height, move with backrest for dynamic support
- Seat Details: adjustable height and depth; contoured foam cushion for added comfort
- Back Details: self-adjusting reclining tension; pivoting backrest; form-sensing mesh for custom lumbar support
- Caster Details: stocked with hard plastic casters ideal for carpeted floors; soft plastic casters best for hard floors can be ordered, contact us for details
- Construction: ergonomically designed to promote healthy posture See features and benefits
- Certification: GREENGUARD Certified� for low chemical emissions; meets or exceeds ANSI/BIFMA X5.1-2017 standards for commercial use
- Designer: Niels Diffrient
- Assembly: In-home Delivery includes assembly; unassembled via UPS Shipping
- Product Origin: made in New Jersey
- Material Origin: United States and imported
- Item Number: 865669
- See all photos
- Material: Fourtis fabric
- Color: granite
- Secondary Material: plastic
- Color: black
- This chair instantly gives you the right amount of back support with its pivoting backrest that automatically adjusts as your spine moves. Its reclining capabilities reduce stress on your back and encourage movement throughout your workday.
- Form-sensing mesh provides additional lower back support. This feature mimics the natural curve of your spine to provide the greatest amount of lower back support when seated, which is important if the chair is used frequently or as a primary task chair.
- Armrests offer extra support throughout the workday to reduce strain on your upper arms and neck. Height-adjustable armrests complement the chair’s design and provide the right amount of support.
- This chair's contoured foam cushion helps minimize pressure on your thighs and knees to ensure lasting comfort and proper circulation in your legs.
Adjustable Seat Depth
- Adjusting your seat depth to thigh length provides a comfortable, healthy sit. This is a helpful feature if the chair will be used by more than one person.
- Self-adjusting tension control automatically regulates the effort required to recline. This is an especially helpful feature if the chair will be used by multiple people, as it automatically adjusts to accommodate personal preferences.
Adjustable Seat Height
- This is a great feature if the chair will be used by multiple people or at more than one work surface. Position your seat height so thighs are parallel to the floor and feet are flat for healthy circulation in your legs.
- This chair features hard plastic casters that are ideal for carpeted floors. Soft plastic casters, best for hard floors, can be ordered. Contact us for details.